A321 fanblade direction

Out of curiosity, I noticed that the A321 fanblades (IAE V2500) no longer spin in the right direction. In real life the fanblade spins counterclockwise as it did in IF pre 20.1. However, recently I noticed that the fanblades spun clockwise upon start up. I’m suspecting it occurred after 20.1, and the same issue was found on the 737 as well. I’m not sure if this is the right place to post but, if possible, I hope this issue can be addressed and amended.

2 Likes

This issue will be fixed in the next update.

Have a look here

1 Like

I’ve actually been through this post but haven’t found any comment addressing fanblade direction. It’s a welcoming addition, but not exactly what I’m looking for.

1 Like

Ok. I really don’t know then, I’m sorry. I’m sure they’ll fix it in the next update

2 Likes

Why can’t they just all spin the same direction? :(

9 Likes

Because IRL different types of engines spin in different directions. Without trying to sound rude, I don’t quite understand why the rotation direction was changed in the first place, but if the staff wants to keep it this way then I can’t help it either.

2 Likes

You missed the point. I know they do IRL… but why? ;)

4 Likes

I’m no expert as you will know but I assume it’s the fan blade design, it needs to suck in air and having it spin the other way would maybe just have the air flow over the blades. The question would likely be why are they shaped like that 🧐

4 Likes

Exactly. Stop complicating things! :)

6 Likes

I’m not trying to complicate things, you asked the question as to why some fanblades spin in different directions IRL which is completely irrelevant to what I’m trying to find out…I just wanna know why the decision was made for engines like the IAE V2500 and the CFM56 to spin clockwise in game and if this issue can be fixed, that’s all…

Sorry, i think you missed by humorous tone :) Ofc, we’ll have a look at it.
No idea why it happened to be honest.

6 Likes

@schyllberg saying don’t be lazy with idk etc then he goes and says:

ofc

Just a joke btw

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.