A320neo - Not needed in IF

Hi

The A320neo has been highly requested by various users in the forums, in my opinion it isn’t needed in the sim.

Because:

It will only add more costs to the Devs and the hence will increase the wait for global

It would not make sense because the A320neo is only more efficient that its predecessor and At this stage IF cannot simulate efficiency and range

Another reason is that apart from the new engines there are no real visible differences between it and the current model

Share you thoughts below

PS: For people who just want new liveys they could just add the new ones to the existing 320 family with bigger engine’s.

26 Likes

A320NEO livery would be nice

10 Likes

Well yeah, after all the things that are better. (Global, taxiway lights, taxi light, etc.

6 Likes

Good points as far as IF is concerned.

2 Likes

I highly disagree. The sharklets and large engines make it so much nicer-looking of an aircraft and just because the simulator cannot replicate efficiency, that is not a reason to not add it.

You say it’s not needed because it would push back Global, but can’t it be released after Global?

And you say it drives up costs and time, but the Devs will be getting paid for it anyway.

21 Likes

Many of the A320s have sharklets already so it would just be bigger engines.

1 Like

It’s a new version of an aircraft, nevertheless. No reason not to grasp the opportunity to add it.
By this logic, no A330neo or 737 MAX either.

8 Likes

I really don’t care for either of those. Rather have A350 first. But the 737 MAX has a different tailcone too. For your sharklet argument, I’m saying that current A320s already have the same sharklets.

2 Likes

This would be one of the easiest aircraft to add then. Just take the current A320 model and replace the engines.

24 Likes

So all it needs is a better handling line? I don’t see how flight model development is related to the map-making side of things. I’d hate to work for a lot of people in the IF community, not all programming and development is in the same discipline and will take away from Global development. My friend writes server code for a living, I wouldn’t want her writing a new handling line for an aircraft because she won’t know what she’s doing.

3 Likes

All your points are not true, FDS had a dedicated team that is always working on planes so the release of global is not affected and engine thrust (power) is simulated in IF so the NEO would perform better then the regular. And the NEO I believe has new sharklets.

5 Likes

Man I thought you were the OP but then I questioned why he would be contradicting himself.
Too many similar names.

2 Likes

I see no reason for it to not be looked into. It will not affect Global, and it is a very nice looking plane, and highly requested.

2 Likes

It won’t speed up or slow down global. Like I said in my post.

2 Likes

Yeah I just read above. Edited my post. :)

2 Likes

it would be a good idea because they would not need to start from scratch on the aircraft and can invest more time on new features in the aircraft.

5 Likes

That’s why we need fuel burn

1 Like

So there’s no need for a 747-200 or a 747-8?

5 Likes

Good point you just screwed him

1 Like

So no point of the 777-300er
777-200er

1 Like