A320 roll scale and pointer

Recently, the A320 family has received an update for live instruments, which are lovely. However, I found a mistake. It involves the roll scale and the roll pointer, located on top of the artificial horizon, in the PFD.

In IF, when a turn is initiated, the roll scale (blue) is the one moving, while the roll pointer (purple) stays in the exact same spot. (See picture below)

However, in the real life A320 family, when a turn is initiated, the roll scale (blue) stays in the exact same spot while the roll pointer (purple) is the one that moves. (See picture below)
20190829_232728

Would really love to see this being corrected to improve the realism in the A320 family, just a tad. This is just my observation tho. I dont know if anyone else thinks this is a mistake.

2 Likes

I am not sure if this is a mistake, as this is how the developers thought of adding the instrumentation in the beginning. Maybe this might be an older series of the A320 cockpit, while the newer instruments look like this?

2 Likes

From what I have seen, the roll scale not moving while the roll pointer is the one that moves is the same thing that Boeing does in their aircraft too.
20190829_234745

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.