A320 And CRJ Family Lag

Wrong.
But it’s a bit more complicated than just flipping a switch, and there’s a lot of other things going on as well :)

5 Likes

UPDATE: I uninstalled all my social media apps like Facebook and messenger, Twitter etc and freed up about a gig of space and to where I gained about 10% of my resources and IF runs much smoother :)

I’ve had same issue with the CRJ and only CRJs since the CRJ7 came out

BUT

set graphics to medium and anti alising (sp?) off and works fine ( except for the running lines w/o antialasing on lol). Also can’t run third party apps well.

I’m pretty sure it’s my AZUS Z10 and not the game. I’m considering unistalling some other big memory hog apps (like Facebook+messenger) to free up resources.

On a good note, my tablet doesn’t get hot, rarely crashes during the game considering the hours of play and all settings are for high performance

The issue exists on other devices as well, people with more high end devices are also experiencing the issue, so i wouldn’t call it that it’s your devices fault specifically, but try uninstalling other apps and see if that minimizes the issue, but a solution is not defined by doing that.

As Seb said, they trying their best to find solution but it’s not as easy as they might have thought from the beginning. They need to do a little more digging i’d suppose and time to resolve this issue.

What I do for long hauls that have prevented overheat 100% of the time is turn my brightness down and put my phone against my mini fan and that keeps it cool.

Lately, I don’t even turn my brightness down, I just keep it against my mini fan and its fine :).

I’ve been experiencing a similar issue except it’s with any aircraft. I’m on an iPhone 6s, what happens is I will get severe lag on takeoff and climb out and sometimes during taxi when I am at an airport with a lot of other traffic or in the airspace around it, or in any congested airspace. I noticed it didn’t really start happening until after I had updated the app to the most recent which included the CRJ-200/1000

1 Like

Does anyone know if this was fixed in the recent update? I read the description however I didn’t find it. If anyone knows, it would be great to know. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but it wouldn’t hurt to send Sebastian a PM to check up on this ;)

1 Like

I can assure you it wasnt. Only factory reset might fix it (i think)

2 Likes

Hmm, give it a try I guess… :/

I’ve never experienced this so I wouldn’t know whether it’s a still a issue or not and neither have I heard much about this for a month now, at least, but try a factory reset if you’d like to, that might solve it, who knows?

1 Like

I was having this issue with both aircraft but I haven’t really noticed any lag since

1 Like

I can verify that this lag doesnt affect the TBM. Smooth for me in the Note 8. Havent tested on the CRJs or the A320 yet though

2 Likes

No more lag in the A320 or CRJ, but flying CRJ and TBM. My phone gets super hot

2 Likes

We’ve actually made a change to this but didn’t advertise it as it’s technical, but basically, before 18.5, we were not sharing textures between planes, so the cockpit, pilot and other similar textures of planes shown on screen used individually loaded textures using their own memory. We’ve now made it so the app shares the common textures between all visible planes. That of course includes planes of the same livery and anything that’s in the cockpit.

Those of you in VA’s who have flights with the same aircraft/livery should notice a drastic performance improvement :)

22 Likes

Odd…I have a lot of people (including me) that face serious lag online with the TBM, especially when on the ground

2 Likes

Noticing that just panning in the cockpit is not as smooth. I have cleared cache and restarted iPad. No other planes were around. tested with TBM and A320.

1 Like

I get lag on the ground, but once I’m in the air I’m fine. This is mainly with the A320 and any CRJ aircraft. I have done a few flights with the TBM and haven’t have any noticeable lag at any stage. As far as I can tell it is as lag-free as can be.

1 Like

I also had that to but, I switched the aircraft&scenery realism to Medium and it runs smooth now

maybe you should try out guys

1 Like

I infact run it on the lowest graphics possible on my Android device but I guess it’s one of those Android ram issues as they don’t have the best ram optimization unlike Apple…It runs extremely smooth on my IPhone X

1 Like

I have the same problem of delays, but it is not in the whole airplane, it is in the cockpit, when I shot from the normal angle my cell phone freezes, my cell phone is a Motorola moto G6 Plus

1 Like