A318 Display Malfunction

Device: iPhone 13
Operating system: 16.5
Hello,
I was flying the A318 ACJ, when I noticed this anomaly on one of the flight deck screens (pictures attached).

1 Like

Greatest comeback of a bug of all time

8 Likes

It almost looks like the aircraft parts are displayed on the screen.

1 Like

That’s what it is lol 😂

1 Like

That’s because it’s the plane. I read somewhere here that FDS develops the exterior model of the aircraft from a cube (or something similar) and hide the rendering in a place where you can’t usually find it.

@schyllberg may be able to explain it better than me.

2 Likes

This is honestly so weird.

Has anyone else had this happen with the A318, or is it just me?

I just had it too… Flying from Bucharest to Cairo. I noticed it but put off making a bug report until I saw this

1 Like

It must be an issue with all A318s. Maybe a fix could be implemented into a hot fix?

Just to clarify this seems like the texture files for the plane, and the rendering for it probably got swapped with the standby instrument displays. So basically the texture for the plane is where the standby instruments are, and vice versa I think. This is coming from what I know in other flight sims, I may be wrong though

However a fix should be fairly simple I think

2 Likes

Uhhh idk if there’s an MEL for that

1 Like

I swear IF bugs are the goofiest things ever

1 Like

I’m surprised @schyllberg hasn’t commented here yet. Well, it is a Saturday.

It’s a known thing.

Brought up a few times, like here for example;

1 Like

Alright, thank you! Based on your replies in the linked topic, it seems like there isn’t really a fix you can do from your end?

It’s a rendering issue in-app.
We’re doing a lot of work on that in a different branch right now and spending too much resources on the current branch would be a bit of a “waste” unless it’s critical which this isn’t :)

3 Likes

Thanks, understood!

2 Likes