A220 Wing Flex Question

Hey everyone! I had a question about the wing flex on the A220. I was wondering why when I’m in cruise on the outside view of the aircraft the wings are clearly curving up. While on a wing view from the inside of the aircraft it appears as the wings curving down. Please let me know why this is. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey mate,

Do you have any screenshots so we can see the difference that you are talking about?

Will also be able to help us provide an answer if you do, as it will show us exactly what you’re seeing on your device.

Thanks!

1 Like

Being honest, that looks the same to me. I believe you may see the wing-flex more from the outside view as that camera angle is from under the wing, therefore the wing-flex will appear more prominent, whereas the photo from inside the cabin is looking down onto the wing, so it is two different camera angles.

2 Likes

Thank you for your help, that makes more sense!

No worries mate. Have a good one!

1 Like

A quick way to check if it is flexing up is to just quickly take control from the AP, pitch down then up again, and watch the wing. I do it just to watch the flex lol, but it may help give you an idea of what the wing flex is.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.