A-Z Country's Capital Challenge

Welcome

Hello! I was thinking about doing a challenge for Infinite flight and came up with the idea of flying to every country’s capital alphabetically! I thought of this idea by seeing other people doing similar challenges and was heavily inspired by Profile - BP-Aviation - Infinite Flight Community Bucket List Challenge (which if you haven’t checked out yet please do) Bucket List Challenge - Tracking Thread.

Rules
Before we start here are the rules I made for myself.

• I need to fly to all 193 UN member country’s in alphabetical order

• I can only fly on real life commercial aviation routes I find via google flights

• I must use the livery’s of aircraft and if that livery doesn’t exist I should use the generic livery

• I must fly into a major commercial airport in each country capital

• If the capital city doesn’t have a commercial airport or the country doesn’t have a capital I should fly to any commercial airport that is located inside the country

• If the country has no commercial airports at all I will then fly to a commercial airport located nearby the the country/capital

• If the country has more than one capital than I should fly a domestic route between the two cities (if available)

Group Flights
I am totally open and happy with doing group flights with people who’d like to join. I’m still unsure of how to do said group flights so if anyone has any ideas please let me know!
Here is a spread sheet of all the routes I have planed so far

With that all being said let the journey start!

8 Likes

Funny thing, I must agree, I’ve done the exact same but after 49 flights, I’m still at the letter A 🤣. You’ll see the end in a bunch of years, good luck. Currently just finished Armenia

2 Likes

Nice just finished my first flight so i got like 500 more to go lol
I do wonder how long I can do this fore

1 Like

Very cool, which city and country was the1st flight? so did you start with a capital city that starts with a or a country that start’s with a? this sounds like fun adventure

1 Like

Now this is looking very cool! I really like this idea! I will try and join you for atleast 1 leg if possible! Will you be posting updates as you go along?

Leg 0 — 🇦🇫Afghanistan/Kabul🇦🇫

This first leg isn’t actually a leg but just the starting point of the journey. The country is the 37th most populous in the world with its capital Kabul being the largest city. The country has some of the best natural beauty in my opinion being entirely land lock and covered all around by tall lushes mountains such as the Hindu Kush mountain range. The country is commonly known for being on of the biggest drug producers in the world but is less known for growing and exporting many fruits and nuts including the apricot which originated in the country.

3 Likes

I’ll try and join you at some point.

I will post each of the legs with photos. For group flights I might create a separate thread to organize them. Hopefully that can work. I got a busy schedule that changes around all the time so I can’t make a lot of set dates yet.

1 Like

Afghanistan to Albania?

I’m about to complete that route today actually I’m gonna fly from FCO-TIA in around an hour probably departing at 4am UTC/ 8pm west coast time. If you want to join fell free to and I’ll give you the flight info?

Also so you know the google sheet doesn’t have public access enabled.

Isn’t FCO Rome?

Oh thank you and yes i’m doing real life routes so for example from Kabul to Tirana has layovers in DXB and FCO

1 Like

Ah makes sense, going to make it much longer though!

Yeah, try the sheets now that should hopefully work.

That’s fair! For group flights I would recommend still using this thread as group flight threads typically get taken down as that is what the discord channel is for.

1 Like

Leg 1 — 🇦🇱Albania/Tirana🇦🇱

Albania located in the balkans is a small lesser known country with a population of 2.8 million. the Capital Tirana is located right in-between the Mediterranean sea and costal mountains which makes for some stunning nature. This country has a majority population of muslim but interestingly was the first atheist state in the world and is best known for being the birthplace of Mother Teresa.

Route

• Kabul(KBL) - Dubai(DBX) - Rome(FCO) - Tirana (TIA)

Flight 1: Kabul International Airport(KBL/OAKB) - Dubai International Airport(DXB/OMDB)

• Airline: flydubai
  • Flight Number: 302
  • Aircraft: B737-8
  • Departure Time: 9:30-AFT
  • Arrival Time:12:40-AST
  • Flight Time: 3h 30m
  • Cruise Altitude: 38000ft

Loading in at Kabul

Some stunning scenery on the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan

Touchdown at Dubai

Flight 2: Dubai International Airport(DXB/OMDB) - Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport(FCO/LIRF)

• Airline: Emirates
  • Flight Number: 95
  • Aircraft: B777-3000ER
  • Departure Time: 15:45-AST
  • Arrival Time:20:05-CET
  • Flight Time: 6h 20m
  • Cruise Altitude: 36000ft

Preflight

Departure over Dubai

Sunset over the Arabian Desert

Parked at Rome LIRF

Flight 3: Rome Leonardo da Vinci Fiumicino Airport(FCO/LIRF) - Tirana International Airport(TIA/LATI)

• Airline: Wizz Air Malta
  • Flight Number: 3888
  • Aircraft: A320
  • Departure Time: 23:00-CET
  • Arrival Time:0:30-CET
  • Flight Time: 1h 30m
  • Cruise Altitude: 37000ft

Takeoff from Rome

Arrival at Tirana Albania

And after a long day of travel we finally arrived at our second country Albania 🇦🇱

3 Likes

Leg 2 — 🇩🇿Algeria/Algiers 🇩🇿

Algeria our third country is the largest country (by land size) in Africa spaning 919,600 square miles. The country is mainly made up of the Sahara Desert Except for the northern part where you will find the capital Algiers on the Mediterranean Sea. The country is also home to seven unique unesco heritage sites preserving the history and culture of the nation.

Route

• Tirana (TIA) - Frankfurt(FRA) - Algiers(ALG)

Flight 1: Tirana International Airport(TIA/LATI) - Frankfurt Airport(FRA/EDDF)

• Airline: Lufthansa
  • Flight Number: 1425
  • Departure Time: 14:10-CET
  • Arrival Time:16:30-CET
  • Flight Time: 2h 20m
  • Cruise Altitude: 37000ft

Boarding at Tirana

Departure

Approach into Frankfurt

Taxing to gate with American Airlines 777-200ER Heading to CLT

Flight 2: Frankfurt Airport(FRA/EDDF) - Algiers Houari Boumediene Airport(ALG/DAAG)

• Airline: Lufthansa
  • Flight Number: 1316
  • Aircraft: A321
  • Departure Time: 9:05-CET
  • Arrival Time:11:40-CET
  • Flight Time: 2h 35m
  • Cruise Altitude: 35000ft

Takeoff from runway 18

Cruising over the Alps

Approach into the Northern Coast

Arrived in Algeria

3 Likes

Leg 3 — 🇦🇩Andorra/Barcelona🇦🇩

Andorra is one of the smallest countries on earth and is located in the heart Pyrenees mountains in between the border of Spain and France. Andorra is known for tourism, particularly skiing as it has many ski resorts and for its Duty-Free shopping. The country’s Capital Andorra LaBella is the highest Capital in all of Europe as well as one of the smallest. The Country However has zero Commercial Airports so I will be flying into the nearby Airport LEBL Barcelona which is around a 2 hour drive away from the country.

Route

• Algiers(ALG) - Barcelona(BCN)

Flight 1: Algiers Houari Boumediene Airport(ALG/DAAG) - Barcelona El Prat Airport(BCN/LEBL)

• Airline: Vueling
  • Flight Number: 7281
  • Departure Time: 17:10 CET
  • Arrival Time: 18:35 CET
  • Flight Time: 1h 25m
  • Cruise Altitude: 34000ft

Sunset and Moonrise while departing Algiers

Approach into Barcelona

Landing

3 Likes

Leg 4 — 🇦🇴Angola/ Luanda🇦🇴

Angola is a large country located in Southern Africa and was previously owned by Portugal. The Country now is one of the most unique in Africa due to its high number of valuable natural resources including oil and diamonds. the country is still known to have some of the most beautiful beaches in Africa with its capital Luanda becoming one of the richest cites in the entire continent.

Route

• Barcelona(BCN) - Lisbon(LIS) - Luanda(LAD)

Flight 1: Barcelona El Prat Airport(BCN/LEBL) - Lisbon Humberto Delgado Airport(LIS/LPPT)

• Airline: TAP Air Portugal
  • Flight Number: 1037
  • Aircraft: A319
  • Departure Time: 18:00 CET
  • Arrival Time: 19:00 GMT
  • Flight Time: 2h
  • Cruise Altitude: 39000ft

Departure from Barcelona

Flying over Madrid

Approach into the Lisbon Bay area

Arrived at LPPT

Flight 2: Lisbon Humberto Delgado Airport(LIS/LPPT) - Luanda Quatro de Fevereiro Airport(LAD/FNLU)

• Airline: TAP Air Portugal
  • Flight Number: 289
  • Aircraft: A330-900neo
  • Departure Time: 23:10 GMT
  • Arrival Time: 7:50 CET
  • Flight Time: 7h 40m
  • Cruise Altitude: 39000ft

Pushback

Departure flying south

Night time view of the Sahara Desert in Previously flown to Algeria

Sunrise over Equatorial Guinea

Arrival into Angolan Coast