A Winter Break Trip to Naija - Return: Abuja to Lagos

Happy New Year 2022! We have made it to 2022 as we start new things and refresh ourselves. So as we start the new year, I am starting this first trip back to Lagos in this 2022 year with a positive attitude. So this is my trip back to Lagos 🇳🇬 as we start heading back to the USA 🇺🇸 as I head to Miami for a three day vacation to spend for my 22nd birthday then heading back to St. Louis. I flew Arik Air Flight 721 this time from Abuja to Lagos and this flight was delayed for 10 minutes but arrived five to ten minutes late. So let’s get right onto the shots.

First Flight: Arik Air Flight 721 - Abuja to Lagos 🇳🇬
Aircraft: Boeing 737-800
Origin: Nnamdi Azikiwe Int’l Airport (DNAA)
Destination: Murtala Muhammed Domestic Airport (DNMM) (MMIA2)
Flight Time: 1hr 15mins

Here we go as we board Arik Air Flight 721 on the Boeing 737-800 taking us back to Lagos. We have boarded at Remote Stand 12 by the tarmac. Time to say goodbye to Abuja

We were delayed for ten minutes and departed Abuja as we taxi to RWY 4 for takeoff.

“Flight attendants, prepare for takeoff” as we line up RWY 4

Annnndddd offf weee goooo we TOOKOFF RWY 4. GOODBYE ABUJA! We will see you again soon

Banking to our left heading Southwest as we climb out of Abuja airport, flying over the Federal Capital Territory

We have reached our cruising altitude FL320 as the Arik Air Flight Attendants served as snack pack and it includes Chin-Chin, a bottle of water, meat pie, and a yogurt. Also, I got a choice of Naija 🇳🇬 juice

A few minutes later, have descended and we are at 5,000 ft before we make our final turn for approach to Lagos Domestic Airport

“Flight attendants, prepare for landing” as we enter final RWY 18L for approach to Lagos 🇳🇬

“Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Lagos” as we taxi to our arrival gate

And arrival to Gate B8 which is exiting the aircraft by steps and walking on the tarmac to head inside the airport to proceed to baggage claim and claim our bags before we transition to the International Airport known as MMIA.

That completes our first flight back to Lagos in the 2022 year. Tomorrow will be posting my trip from 🇳🇬 Lagos to Miami 🇺🇸 via Doha 🇶🇦 flying Qatar Airways. Anyways, thank you for flying with me back to Lagos as we end our winter trip. What a great time we had in Abuja. We will come back again soon.

23 Likes

Nice! I have never seen or heard of that airlinw, but I’m sure to fly it soon! That livery is amazing!

1 Like

Nice photos ! How did u find the landing without papi lights ? I remember i flew there with the A330 and had a tricky landing lol.

1 Like

Runway 18L is ILS equipped!

I used the APPR mode in order to have a precise landing.

1 Like

NGL, that livery looks fire! Awesome photos!!

Ooh never seen this livery ever used haha. Nice to show some love to aircraft/liveries which aren’t used so much. Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks @Adventures