A Wall in Global Flight

This just hit me… If Global Flight is added, then people who payed for regions would be mad… Unless you have to pay to fly into a region or something. But how would that even work? I guess if you’re flying and you’re approaching the region, a warning can come up on your screen saying “You are approaching a region that you have not paid for. Exit the region within 2 minutes, or you will be returned to the Home Screen. Or you can buy this region now for $4.99!” Or something along the lines of that. I didn’t put this in the Global Flight topic because it wouldn’t get much attention, but this is something to consider.

You can’t make Global Flight free because people would be mad because they could’ve payed for regions previously and now they’re free all of a sudden. Waste of money.

Solutions:

1: A warning on your screen comes up saying “You are approaching a region that you have not paid for. Exit the region within 2 minutes, or you will be returned to the Home Screen. Or you can buy this region now for $4.99!”

2: If you enter an unpaid region, your throttle get’s cut and it cannot be altered, forcing you to stall into the ground, as @Boeing707 said.

3: The price of Global Flight varies depending on how many regions you have / paid for.

45 Likes

I’m assuming global flight will be payed aswell, or maybe you will have the option to pay for parts.

20 Likes

If it ever comes out, I’ll pay the whole experience.

13 Likes

But if you pay for global flight, that’s more money on top of the regions you already paid for… So I guess there’s no other option but paying for parts. OR maybe the price for Global Flight will vary depending on how many regions you paid for! :D

5 Likes

When global flight comes I hope people won’t be complaining.

35 Likes

“Make it free”

“Don’t make me pay for chunks of the world.”

“Infinite Flight is robbing me”

“I don’t have the money to purchase this so make it free for just me plsssssssss 😍😣😏😑😁😍😣😏😍😏😆😣😍😁😈😑😣😁😏😍😆😏😂😊😁😑😣🙀😂😁😏😑😍”

I’m sorry Carson but this is what I can see happening

1 Like

Be sure, that they will :/

Not on here it won’t ;)

5 Likes

If Global Flight is free, then once again, people would be mad because they could’ve payed for regions previously and now they’re free all of a sudden. Waste of money.

7 Likes

You can´t satisfy people.

3 Likes

To address your question, I would hope that they either:

1. Make it a healthy charge of $_ . _ _ USD for the users that haven’t purchased the regions (Determined via Apple ID, Android’s equivalent, etc.) and make it a charge of $ . _ _ for those who have purchased at least 50% of the region IAPs. This proposal however is complicated and I’m not confident as to how feasible this would be to pull off, if at all

2. If someone who hasn’t purchased the region flies into the area, then their throttles get cut and cannot be budged and they are forced to stall into the ground. Would promote lots of sales of the city regions to operate the flights.

5 Likes

I’m certain it won’t be free, and for a simple reason.

Just consider the cost of the underpinning data, from terrain outlines, elevation mesh, international airport / navaid / way point database. Getting accurate data for even these “ingredients” would be expensive.

Let alone baking all that into the sim… the implementation is going to require some hardcore coding and testing.

The devs time is worth a lot of $$$

7 Likes

And lots of RAM.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Did you count all the paid regions and not the free ones?

2 Likes

How about this: when global flight comes out, whatever regions you have you can use on global flight, then, if you want to get more space on global flight you buy the other regions.

To me it looks like it’s going to be a case of tough luck. Yes it will be frustrating to some that they may feel ripped off but there isn’t a very good viable solution. Just look at it as a next step for IF. Like a Windows update, you have to repurchase the best ones. The day Global flight comes we should all be happy and not squabbling over previous region purchases

1 Like

8 Likes

This is becoming confusing

1 Like