A very special flight and route 2 years later

2 years ago in the real world, I went on a trip to Colombia 🇨🇴 nothing special right? Well it was because before that trip I haven’t been to Colombia in almost 8 YEARS and so much time has passed without us visiting and we were even supposed to visit the spring break before that one and even the summer but couldn’t because of passport issues so we had to reschedule for March 2022 which actually did happen. To be honest, I wasn’t too excited to go back and really only wanted to go for the flights but I remember one day in class checking on my flight to see the information and I expect a Boeing 737-800 or a MAX8 since that’s what American Airlines would normally use on such flight but I saw this instead

Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner

And I was screaming in my head but wasn’t fully convinced till March 10th, 2022 once I got to MIA and did the usual TSA and even stopped at Cafe Versailles as well I got to the gate sand sure enough, there was a B788 parked there and I was THRILLED 😆 but unfortunately I didn’t document it well so I can’t really make a trip report about it but I’ll try with this so let’s time travel to March 10th, 2022!

Flight Info

Origin: Miami Intl 🇺🇸 ( KMIA )
Destination: Alfonso Bonilla Aragon Intl 🇨🇴 ( SKCL )
Flight Time: 3:16
Boeing 787-8 ( American Airlines )
Server: Expert

Time for a small 4th wall break here, I did try to recreate this flight like 10 months ago but at the time the AA B788 wasn’t in the game so I had to use the Boeing 787-9 instead but now that the -8 is here, we can do this recreation professionally!

I arrived at the gate shocked to see the Dreamliner taking us to Cali this morning, the registration was N819AN a 6 year old plane. Initially, I was ACTUALLY BUMMED that I was on a B788 and wanted the longer B789 but I eventually grew to PREFER the B788 over the B789 but boarding was called somewhat quickly and I was on my way down the jet bridge to finally fly the Dreamliner!

Now I actually don’t remember what seat I had all I remember was that I was on the right side in the back sections of main cabin but nothing else, I wasn’t even in the window seat but I did remember playing with the button till I thought it broke 🤣 but let’s just pushback for Cali!

Now on the real flight, it was normal Runway 8R operations but the winds today had different plans so we had reverse ops and there was other aircraft in the area so I just sucked it up and took off from RWY 26L but this isn’t really a big deal so forget about it. But the winds were somewhat calm so take off was no issue.

Peace out Miami! ✌️🏝️😎

The Dreamliner is capable of flying pretty high so we did fly pretty high FL410 to be exact, the crew started their service soon after and as always, got myself a Coke with biscoff cookies. Now this was 2022, so Barbie wasn’t a thing yet so I didn’t watch it and all I really remember doing on the IFE was playing Angry Birds so I just did that but in the meantime. Enjoy the view over Cuba! 🇨🇺

What’s up Jamaica? 👋🇯🇲

Fast forward A LOT and now we’re in the valley and on right downwind for RWY 02 at CLO and I also remember the downwind leg being extremely long so I did just that just to add the realism to it but I LOVE this view with the city of Cali AND Bonilla airport down below! ❤️

And soon enough after that iconic final right base turn, we were on final and on the ground. Welcome to Cali! Now I was actually kinda happy to see Colombia 🇨🇴 again since I haven’t been here in years. Overall, even though I do this pretty often in IF, it was actually kind of fun doing it with the Boeing 787-8 for a change and even replicating my flights are fun no matter the aircraft!

Now I remember how LONG passport control 🛂 took there were like 3 flights that had came in with like 3 officers so I did take some time, but our bags didn’t take long to come out and we were soon off to finally go back to Cali and reunite with our family.

Now back to the present day, a short 2 years after this memorable flight doesn’t seem right but it’s just reality and I do hope to seek another AA B788 or even their B789 to actually document a Dreamliner trip similar to what I did recently with the B777-200ER and 777-300ER but my bank account says otherwise. Hope you enjoyed this recreation stay tuned for Friday as I embark for Spring Break to a new destination famous for a specific movie about birds 🐦 and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

Shot 9 IRL Edition

How did I do?

11 Likes