A very smooth touchdown in Barcelona

Hi guys
I think one of the most important things that could make a flight and its pilots valuable is quality of landing particularly touch down moment. In this video you can watch one of my recent landings in the Barcelona El Prat airport. Notice how this landing is smooth. At the moment of touch down, V/S is about 50ft/s.

31 Likes

Butter, great landing

2 Likes

I remember I had a landing in a Cessna 172 IRL at about 50 f/s V/S. And in IF I have gotten that down to 47f/s V/S

1 Like

very good landing

1 Like

Lol I thought this was gonna be like every other Infinite Flight YouTube video where it’s like “smooth landing” and then it’s like a Ryanair landing. But I wasn’t disappointed this time. Also pretty happy not seeing someone go 100% reverse thrust after the landing. Good job :)

3 Likes

You definately greased that one! 10/10 landing right there. You can apply a little bit more reverse thrust.

2 Likes

Wow that was a really nice landing! I pulled something off like that earlier today KSLC-KJFK.

1 Like

Just FYI…average butter in rl is between 100 to around 250-300 fpm…more than tht is regarded as hard touchdown

1 Like

Fact. Most aircraft, particularly Boeing require a harder contact based on the design of the undercarriage.

3 Likes

I was watching for the reverse thrust lol, was pleased with what I saw

2 Likes

Wow that was really satisfying!

1 Like

Not required, just safer. Also, some aircraft are just hard to butter in general

1 Like

I can confirm the aircraft I work on, a solid landing is required but it could just be because its an old variant.

1 Like

Your landing was smooth but your touch down point is close to the point of a long landing.

Any landing behind 3000 feet, a go around is mandatory.

19 Likes

Yes. You are right. But Runway 25R is the longest runway in LEBL and my plane was A321. I think in the real world it’s possible to land in this condition with a narrow body jet.

Its just some extra info, in real world it would be something to explain but for IF great job :)

6 Likes

To add a little context, @Aernout is one of our community’s real world captains, so soak up all the advice and wisdom this lovely man has to give! 🤗

12 Likes

So what would he need to explain captain?

well done! it’s neat

1 Like

Explain why rules are not followed, luckily no experience with this ;)

4 Likes