A Very ITAlian October ( FINAL FLIGHT )

Part 4 and the final installment of my October 2023 Italy 🇮🇹 trip with @Udeme_Ekpo has arrived sit back, relax and enjoy!

Well the day I wish HADN’T come has came, we are now heading back home to Miami 🏝️😎 after a pleasant week traveling over Italy 🇮🇹 we visited many places like Rome, Sardinia, Corsica, Milan, Venice and Naples still more to check out but we did this all in 1 week which is still good but now it’s time to say goodbye to Europe until November where I head back this time to Madrid, Spain 🇪🇸 to spend Thanksgiving with family who had moved there from Cali, Colombia 🇨🇴 and speaking of Cali, in December for Christmas 🎅🎄 that’s where I’m going to spend my time. But back to the present day, We made our way to Rome’s Fiumicino “Leonardo da Vinci” airport to get this flight back to the 305 started! 🏝️😎

Flight Info

Origin: Roma-Fiumicino “Leonardo da Vinci” 🇮🇹 ( LIRF )
Destination: Miami Intl 🇺🇸 ( KMIA )
Flight Time: 11:06
Airbus A350-900 ( ITA Airways )
Server: Expert

After visiting ITA’s amazing lounge with a full pizza AND pasta bar 🍕🍝 it’s time to get to the gate where our A350 is waiting for us after its flight from Tokyo HND, Japan 🇯🇵 sadly the views aren’t that great so I had to stick with essentially the same one I took after arriving into FCO from MIA which kinda sucks, @Udeme_Ekpo flight is boarding adjacent to mine again. As boarding was beginning it was time to say goodbye to this well built terminal and board the A350!

We have pretty much the same seat as before just in the left side of the plane, legroom is the same, comfort is the same, IFE screen is the same the cute little Italian flag is still there. The only difference is that it was bit more clean below but that’s pretty much nothing so let’s just make our way to FCO’s Runway 16R for take off!

We once again beat @Udeme_Ekpo on the race to the runway but he beat me on the race to the gate like last time. But anyways as FCO and the rest of Rome get smaller and smaller, the honks of I-95 in Miami 🏝️😎 get louder and louder off we go!

We climbed up to FL320 for our flight back home which on average takes 10 hours and a half, but due to the jet stream being a big more “stronger” we ended up being airborne for an extra 36 minutes that’s what I generally don’t like about east/west flights you can give an exact rough flight time, it all depends on the jet stream. Anyways it was a nice ride over Corsica, Spain 🇪🇸 and Portugal 🇵🇹 before the Atlantic, A bit bumpy over Barcelona which we’re coming up on right now. Service was slow to start because of the turbulence but we served the same Pasta and beverage of choice but they have me 2 bread rolls and 2 cokes again so if I could, this is 6 star service but 5 is max so it’s just 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ I also only noticed the exterior tail camera on the IFE this really cool I’ve heard it’s an A350 feature so that’s makes me more excited to fly one again but now we just watch movies and take a nap.

As my 1st movie concluded, we crossed the coast of Portugal 🇵🇹 leaving Europe behind us and the Atlantic along with the 305 🏝️😎 ahead!

After the movie ended, I took a decently long nap and woke around 3 hours away from MIA, this was the point when I noticed the ETE to dest on my IFE staying frozen it was like we stopped at some McDonald’s at 32,000 feet but I checked the winds and sure enough, we had a VERY STRONG HEADWIND so we were losing time but our pilots did prepare for this since we still had plenty of enough fuel to make it to Miami 🏝️😎 we then served a final pre landing snack of a COLD sandwich. As much as I praised ITA, this is one thing that actually irritated me how does the FLAG CARRIER of Italy NOT serve PIZZA as a pre landing snack. Many other airlines do it and after all the small additions to make this cabin feel Italian and even the livery is based on the colors of their Soccer Jersey’s I know it isn’t a big deal but it’s just a missed opportunity by ITA Airways in my book.

Eventually the seatbelt sign turned on, we started descending, Miami 🏝️😎 is in sight and it’s now time for landing took this snap of our A350 on final for RWY 26L with that tail cam.

TOUCHDOWN! Welcome back to Miami International Airport, we are back home and there you can see an American Airlines Boeing 787-8 getting ready for a flight to Paris, France 🇫🇷 overall once again, ITA was a great airline to fly with to Italy 🇮🇹 staff was SUPER friendly both at MIA and FCO, their seats are nice, the Italian theming inside and outside was fantastic. Meals were great, lounge was nice and the IFE had solid choices. overall loved ITA 💙🇮🇹 Only complaints I have are the pricing and today’s pre landing snack which was a swing and a miss!

Once again, I had permission to check out the A350s cockpit these pilots must be proud of the blue bird they fly!

Welcome to MIA’s south terminal more specifically concourse H, me and @Udeme_Ekpo are off to do passport control 🛂 collect our bags and make our way into Downtown Miami 🏝️😎 to grab a bite to eat before I head back home and he catches a flight back to St Louis, Missouri. Glad you joined us on this Italian trip. Stay tuned for next Friday as in the real world, I head back to Cali with the flying banana 🍌 from Fort Lauderdale 🏝️🛥️ on their Airbus A320neo and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! 😉👋

13 Likes

I feel like i’ve seen this on a video somewhere

1 Like

Yea, I got it from Simply Aviation :)

1 Like

I knew itt😂😂 rome to new york or vica versa

1 Like

Great tripreport my friend

1 Like