A user not following ATC instructions!

Thanks @Zuhair_Al-ajmi. I hope that too. Just can’t wait for 20.1 to be released!!!

2 Likes

In these servers they’ve got nothing to lose. Best to ignore them and control compliant pilots. 😊

1 Like

I’ve seen Grade 4 pilots do “stuff” on Casual. Just ignore them honestly.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice guys @Brantain @D-AIXI. Wilco!!

2 Likes

I like how he’s flying on training server with Grade 3 and has the name “No Grade 3-4-5 on TS”

3 Likes

Yup!!! @JornGroen. That’s actually funny you know. But he’s making every one think that he’s a coward or maybe he is by changing his name.

2 Likes

Hey,

Before there is a witch hunt for the pilot, do remember what the Training Server is for.

As everyone has said above, one’s grade does not equate to their skill. More often than not, pilots are high in grade and experience points on account of their time at Infinite Flight or the amount they fly. The pilot is doing the right thing in spending time on the Training Server (TS) to get used to some basic procedures and ATC communication before making the leap to the Expert Server (ES) — I really appreciate the Grade 3/4/5 users that take the time to remain on the TS in preparation for ES usage and those who know they’d get in the way of ES operations.

It’s rather unnecessary this immediate jump to hunting someone on the IFC. They don’t seem to be a troll, they’re just in need of some careful #tutorials use!

Everyone else has made the point of joining IFATC, I’m sure you can find the resources but I’d be glad to send them over to you. If you do join, don’t expect complete perfection. It’s a realistic simulator but it’s also a fun game.

Thanks,
Patrick

1 Like

I’ve been practicing ATC on the training server, getting better every day. But I had a grade 4 ignore me yesterday. I was controlling ground and Tower, he pushed back taxied and entered the runway all the while ignoring my calls.

1 Like

Hey,

You will find people like that, sadly…

What’s important is knowing that your actions were correct. Your training for Expert Server shouldn’t be measured by someone else who isn’t listening to you. Keep getting the theory right and join us at IFATC!

Thanks,
Patrick

3 Likes

I wish there was a way of “reporting” people, as in disconnecting them for just that flight for prospective IFATC users in TS

1 Like

Grade does not exactly equal quality.

The best advice is to do an ATC tracking thread if you are serious about ATC. It is also suggested to do your session at a non-common location. KSFO, LAX, EGLL, etc are typically not good choices to practice at.

3 Likes

Hey,
I get it. I know that training server is for training purposes and also for improving pilot skills. But they have to atleast be good with the ATC you know?? And it’s not an easy job to control the traffic and also get the planes on the ground safely. It involves a lot of stress and patience. All I expect is that people no matter what grade they are on, they should atleast follow the ATC instructions and not cause problem for the upcoming traffic. That’s all I expect and not anything more than that.

I waited for him to contact me or get off the runway for like 5 minutes but he didn’t respond to any of my guard messages. There was an another aircraft behind him which was ready for takeoff. I kinda told him to hold short the runway. And he waited. While there was another aircraft which was going to land. Thts why I didn’t want to waste time of these two aircrafts. So I told the other aircraft to cross the and hold short at the parallel runway. And he followed. But after I did that he moves back. And I was like what is he even doing? After a few minutes he again blocks the incoming traffic. I mean like this is not fair!! He’s wasting everybody’s time.
Hope you understand
Thank you

Please correct me if this is not right anyone from the iIFATC community but often times if I join as a controller in the training server, I will send out a notam, even as simple as no light aircraft. After that I will also broadcast the “check airport restrictions” , because at the end of it, it says it will be enforced by ghosting. Even though I can’t do anything in terms of reporting people, it makes me sound strict and I would like to believe that it makes people listen to me more haha

2 Likes

Thanks. Will do that the next time, I plan on air traffic controlling.
Thank you!!

2 Likes

Hey,

If you want to get pilots who are looking to progress themselves and help develop your ATC skills, create a tracking thread in the #atc section. I’ve attached a how-to on this below.

A Guide To Creating An ATC Tracking Thread

We’ve all spent time on the Training Server (TS) and so know what it’s about. You shouldn’t join expecting order at a busy hub or large Bravo airport. You should open a smaller airport (KLCK, PGUM, etcetera) where you can develop your skills in order to join IFATC and control on there. As annoying as they are, you’re wasting your own time too (if that makes sense). The TS will likely always have a huge spectrum from experts to incompetents.

If you truly enjoy ATC work and wish to get better, use your time more wisely.

Thanks,
Patrick

3 Likes

Thank you @patrickv. Will surely do that!!! Thanks for sharing the link too
Thank you

1 Like

I totally understand your frustrations.
Even if you want to ignore the pilots that don’t follow your instructions, the problem is that in that case It will also affect the pilots that are serious.

1 Like

Wow…I definitely feel your frustration…and after reading your experience IMO this looks very intentional. Don’t sweat it tho. Great job by you coming up with a plan to work traffic around that pilot 💯

2 Likes

Thanks for understanding guys @nlflyer @Jeodanie_Smith.
Thank you

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.