A Trip To Cameroon in Belgian Metal

Hello again, it has certainly been a while.

If you haven’t seen my last screenshots topic, go look at that: Canyon Run In The Super Hornet.

I did one of Brussels Airlines’ many triangle-flights yesterday and today, and I thought to myself: “Why not make a screenshot topic again.” . So here I am, doing just that.

• Route: Brussels (BRU/EBBR) - Douala (DLA/FKKD) - Yaoundé (NSI/FKYS).
  • Aircraft: Airbus A330-300
  • Airline: Brussels Airlines (SN/BEL)
  • Flight number and callsign: SN379 (BEL3DY), Bee-line 3DY
  • Flight Time: ~ 7h
  • Server: Expert

And now for the photos.

Here we have our aircraft for today’s flight to Cameroon, a 14 year old A330 registered OO-SFX. It’s just been pushed back from the gate at Brussels.

After a long takeoff run, being so heavily loaded, the Rolls-Royce Trent 700s power us off of runway 19 into the Belgian skies.

After a little under an hour, we’re passing over the beautiful Alps. A little bit of turbulence is the result, but at least the passengers have something nice to look at.

Another gorgeous sight we pass over is Tassili N’Ajjer National Park in Algeria. A nice contrast to the otherwise flat and sandy Sahara.

As the sun starts to set, we are only seconds from touchdown on Douala’s runway 30. Our first leg has almost come to an end. (Yes, I’m aware of the box glitch, I forgot to redo the shot and I’m frankly too lazy to do that now.)

After a layover of roughly an hour, we take off light from runway 12 with the last rays of the setting sun behind us.

And after barely half an hour, we approach our second destination in Cameroon, Yaoundé’s Nsimalen International Airport. This brings an end to our second leg.

And that’s it! I really enjoy doing Brussels Airlines’ various long-hauls to Africa. The scenery is absolutely stunning, and African airports are really underrated. The IFAET members that brings these airports to life in 3D really deserve all the props.

Douala Airport (DLA/FKKD) was edited by @ Butter0 .

Anyway, I hope you liked the shots! I’m not exactly a pro at editing these things, or getting good angles, but I think they came out alright. Let me know what you think!

Until next time!

21 Likes

I like your second picture, captures the magic of the A333 very well. I’m flying this plane from GOBD to Brussels as I type.

Brussels Virtual approves! 😉

1 Like

Sénégal is a beautiful place as well. Definitely some awesome flights you can do with this bird.

1 Like

Africa has some very underrated scenery and airports.

2 Likes

Except for FALL.

1 Like

Spot on. It’s such a gorgeous and diverse area, and the IFAET members that work on airports there do some amazing work.

@deltaoutofdca It has its… charm xD.

2 Likes