A throwback to one of my best years in aviation photography.

A throwback to one of my best years in aviation photography.

Well, it has surely been awhile since I made a topic on the community. I know a lot of people missed seeing my photographs on the feed, and I have come back… just a little? I am now 14 years old, and I made this topic to highlight my best shots as a 13 year old. My birthday was on May 20th, and I intended to make this topic then, but I actually was in Washington DC on my birthday instead on my hometown, Houston! Before I share some of my best moments, I would like to make a few points as to why I left the community for a long time.

There has been many changes that I did not like, including many people treating this forum as a place to criticize others and nothing be done about it. It happens on every single topic I see now, where you have forum hawks striking down anything that could be closed. People don’t treat this like a forum, and that is a big problem that mods don’t do much about. I see people calling out people on topics that could easily just be flagged. I’m not involved in many sub-topics other than #real-world-aviation:spotting, but it sure is fun watching people argue over a topic in other sub-topics. Its always a competition apparently. Another thing that I was pretty angry about was the fact that we are no longer allowed to post more than 10 pictures in spotting topics, when we aren’t even the main problem. The problem is the “Post your best pictures here” or things similar where people post pictures to tracking threads, etc. I feel like the limit should be built in per topic, like 20 images max for all topics, and 5 images max for all replies. This is pretty much the current state of the community, and why I decided it wasn’t for me.

My favorite pictures when I was 13.

IMG_7232IMG_3583

I hope you enjoyed them.

My spotting guide:

Social Media
Main Account https://www.instagram.com/jrraviation/
Overflow Account https://www.instagram.com/jrraviati0n/
JetPhotos https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/86289

33 Likes

The Singapore A350 looks amazing! 😍
And the rest are awesome too :D

2 Likes

For someone who was 13, these photos are absolutely remarkable. Great shots!

1 Like

I think a lot of us Ex-Reg’s Have left for the reasons you’re mentioned, and I agree with them. Those reasons are the reasons why I got inactive. Nice photos! Hopefully we can stay in contact.

2 Likes

I remember some of these they are definitely the best

1 Like

@JRRaviation can you send me (PM) the SIA a350 please?
Thanks!

1 Like

Wooooow, my eyes have seen Heaven or something??? That SQ, A350 😍😍
Damn these are some really awesome looking photos!! Both Night photos and the AA 787 also looks very cool!

Btw… Did you edit some of the pics or are they naturally that good looking? Either way great job! !👍👍

2 Likes

That Singapore airlines. 😍

They naturally look good. Just some minor editing to fix up a few things. No photoshop.

1 Like

That emirates 777 is perfect!

If it were Photoshopped i’d notice ;)
But you really did great, you have a great eye for pictures i must say, not everyday i get this type of energetic feeling from pictures of planes…
Love the blur effect, done perfectly 👍

@JRRaviation. MaxSez: Great Stuff JR. Choose your worde wisely young man “Throwback” is a not an appropriate term for modern aircraft. I was expecting at least a Connie LOL. (Ok, When I was your age a Ford Tri was a throwback.). Do good work…BZ

IMG_1518

3 Likes

Your photography skills baffle me, especially considering you are only 14. You are truly inspirational for anyone looking to start, and I see an amazing future ahead of you.

[quote=“JRRaviation, post:1, topic:215102”]
There has been many changes that I did not like, including many people treating this forum as a place to criticize others and nothing be done about it. It happens on every single topic I see now, where you have forum hawks striking down anything that could be closed. People don’t treat this like a forum, and that is a big problem that mods don’t do much about. I see people calling out people on topics that could easily just be flagged. I’m not involved in many sub-topics other than #real-world-aviation:spotting, but it sure is fun watching people argue over a topic in other sub-topics. Its always a competition apparently. Another thing that I was pretty angry about was the fact that we are no longer allowed to post more than 10 pictures in spotting topics, when we aren’t even the main problem. The problem is the “Post your best pictures here” or things similar where people post pictures to tracking threads, etc. I feel like the limit should be built in per topic, like 20 images max for all topics, and 5 images max for all replies. This is pretty much the current state of the community, and why I decided it wasn’t for me.
[/quote]
This is exactly why I have been shying away. Hopefully the moderators realize this and make changes to best resolve the issue.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.