A Sunset on Utah’s Great Salt Lake

Atlanta to Salt Lake City

So you may remember a little over a month ago the Friday Night Flight was in Atlanta. I flew this route on that day but never had the chance to make this post until now and because @reer104 brought it up yesterday. Both of these airports are hubs for Delta so they use many aircraft on that route including 737s, A321s, 757s, 767s and A330s among a couple others. I decided to use the A321 for no real Reason other than I wanted to. I left Atlanta just after 6 PM Eastern if I remember correctly, but it was more than a month ago so I don’t really remember. I do know that I timed my arrival so that the sun would be setting in Salt Lake City when I arrived, and it was amazing. Flight time was 3 hours and 33 minutes.

Flight Details

KATL-KSLC • ATL-SLC
Atlanta to Salt Lake City
Delta 642
Airbus A321
3:33
@JulianB

Holding short as an A321 lines up for a Cincinnati Waving goodbye to the Peachtree City as a 757 and A319 watch Ove the Colorado City of Denver as we approach the Rocky Mountains and the Continental Divide Our first view of the Rockies over Western Colorado Turning on our downwind leg into Salt Lake City through the mountains of Utah
One last view of the foggy Rockies before turning toward Utah’s biggest city
Putting the gear down in the colorful sky
The sunset gleams off the controls of the A321
Touching down at Sunset on the Great Salt Lake!
At the gate in the shadows of the glorious mountains

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

Which of these famous chain restaurants opened their first store in Salt Lake City?

• Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC)
  • McDonalds
  • Applebees

0 voters

The answer to the last question was Halloween which 74% got correct!

30 Likes

Awesome pics, thanks for doing a post for this flight

1 Like

Wow, that last one! Actually, wow all of them! The Delta livery on the A321 looks great too!

1 Like

Love the last one, so beautiful!

1 Like

Amazing pics!

1 Like

Great shots! Loved the scenery, well done!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning pictures as always! And that’s a great bird in a great scenery with great light ;)
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

boi that looks like another A321

Over*
And thanks for featuring Denver! I hope you had a nice flight!

1 Like

@reer104 thanks! I’ve been waiting a while for this post so you convinced me to do it :D

@snoman thanks so much! The Delta livery is so clean on the 321

@TheFlyingGuy1 @Aero thanks a lot guys!

@Rian16 thanks Rian! The scenery in the Rocky Mountains is great

@Luke_Sta he’s floating so I don’t think we should make any assumptions about aircraft type. And Denver is ok, the Rockies are what matter 😝

4 Likes

Thanks Julian! The 321 is great in IF with the live cockpit and the Rocky Mountains are stunning! Especially at sunset

1 Like

Great pics as always!!! Love those last few. Also, what’s Delta doing in Atlanta? 😂

1 Like

Thanks, A lot! The sunset with the mountains was amazing. And Delta in Atlanta? Neverrrr… 😂

1 Like

Great Pics especially number 5

1 Like

6th and 7th shot stole my heart😍😍😍great shots mate!

1 Like

@Kilo_Charli @A320infiniteflight

Thanks a lot guys! 😊

1 Like