A Sunrise in the Rockies to a Morning In the Mountains of Monterey

I’m back with my normal posts after I spent a week doing photoshop (I’m going to do more photoshop because it’s really fun). I actually flew this yesterday but the route is Denver to Monterey, California. Monterey is a very underrated airport because it’s sandwiched in between two mountains. The approach is always difficult but it’s one of my favorites in the world. I took off just after sunrise and slowly climbed over the Rockies flying west toward California. I used the SkyWest CRJ-200 and flight time was 1 Hour 56 Minutes

Flight Details

KDEN-KMRY
DEN-MRY
United Express (SkyWest)
CRJ-200
1:56

A shaky takeoff at sunrise in the Mile High City Slowly Climbing over the Rocky Mountain Range A sunrise + mountains can never disappoint Cruising over the deserts of Utah at 515 MPH Crossing the California border as we approach the top of descent point Descending into California past the Red deserts of the Central Valley After threading the needle between the mountains we line up with runway 28L A spotters view from Salinas just outside of Monterey Crossing mínimums on a clear day A rough touchdown in the CRJ, but hey who actually know how to land these things smoothly

Please leave comments and let me know your favorite photo!

And I should see you guys tomorrow with a flight from Dallas • Kona

26 Likes

🙋‍♂️

Nice photos, looks like a nice route. I wish we had the current United livery on the CRJ-200…

5 Likes

Great photos!😀

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful route, and the scenery is just amazing!

2 Likes

I wish we had the new livery too! And if you can actually smoothly land a CRJ then you are a legend 😂

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

I had to fight myself because I like flying DEN-SFO with a United 757 and I’m not a huge fan of the CRJ2, but the scenery made it definitely worth it!

2 Likes

Those are some sweet photos you got there.

1 Like

Nice photos!
But seriously I thought that said Madeira (Portugal) lol

1 Like

Haha I thought that too when I first saw the location of the photo 😂

1 Like

Damn. Great photos 😍

1 Like

Thanks a lot @ThomasThePro!

1 Like

Believe it or not, I can land these very smoothly (I will share NO secrets 😂)

Nice pictures!

2 Likes

I don’t believe you 🤣

1 Like

Ok fine! My new video features me buttering the American CRJ-900. When it uploads, you will see 😂

1 Like

What about DEN-SJC…United also flies that route

2 Likes

Maybe next time, I just wanted to fly into Monterey 😂

I can’t land it smoothly but I can drift it like it’s a WRX or something.

1 Like

I’ve drifted the CRJ many times lol

1 Like