A Sunrise in the Mountains of British Columbia to a Sunny Day in the California Desert

About a week ago I flew a very random route (like a lot of mine are) from Vancouver, British Columbia down to Palm Springs in California. I like flying to smaller airports because they are usually more secluded and fun to fly into, although they have significant less traffic than bigger airports, and Palm Springs is one of these airports. I took off from Vancouver just after 8 AM a little after sunrise, flew over Seattle, Portland and the Nevada-California border before approaching the deserts and mountains of Palm Springs. I used the Air Canada Rogue Airbus A319-100 which is undoubtedly one of the greatest liveries in the game, especially the red maple leaf on the tail. My flight time was 2 hours and 17 minutes

Summary

CYVR-KPSP • YVR-PSP
Vancouver to Palm Springs
Air Canada Rouge 643
Airbus A319-100
2:17

[spoiler] @JulianB spoiler]

🇨🇦•••🇺🇸

The landing lights faintly shine through the blue sky on a Cold Canadian Morning Flying South away from the North Shore Mountains of British Columbia The first view of the United States comes as we fly over Seattle in northern Washington The stunning whitecap of Mount Rainier just off our left wing The brown plains of Southern Oregon The mountains and ski resorts of Lake Tahoe on the California-Nevada border The snowy mountains of the Great Sequoia National Forest as we fly over Terra Bella, California Descending into Palm Springs through the Lucerne Valley A few miles out as we bake in the desert sun of Southern California Smoking the wheels in Palm Springs at 11 AM local time

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

I’m about to fly Sydney/Melbourne to Queenstown so I should have that tomorrow:)

36 Likes

This deserves a like 👍

Picture 4, 8 & 9 are amazing.

3 Likes

Very Nice!! how did you know about the North shore mountains?

2 Likes

I am so happy to see these beautiful pictures of my home state

@Robertine

3 Likes

Though choice between some fantastic pictures, but this one looks absolutely great. Very realistic and also very beautiful! As always thanks for sharing and tagging!

2 Likes

Now I don’t like the Air Canada Rouge livery, but these edits make it look great. Awesome job on all of them!

2 Likes

Amazing job!!! Do I even need to say this? Your pictures are always amazing!:)

2 Likes

This is so cool! Great pictures!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m happy it deserved a like 😊

1 Like

Get ready for some big brain time

I went on to google and looked up

Mountain Range North of Vancouver

2 Likes

Washington has some amazing scenery! Some of the best in the US

2 Likes

Thanks as always! The mountains along the way were great like always

And I just landed in Queenstown from Sydney so I’m going to apologize in advance for the Boeing 737 post tomorrow, but that Virgin Australia livery was too god to pass up. Hopefully the views make up for it 😂

The southern alps are stunning

2 Likes

Thank you! But how do you not like this livery!!! :)

2 Likes

It still makes me feel good 😂

Thanks a lot! :)

2 Likes

I’ve done this exact route with the Westjet 737 when we had the snowy flyout!

2 Likes

From all I’ve heard so far and from the quality of your pictures I won’t mind the B737 at all, I am sure! Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

@NoahM you’re photoshop expert, WOW!

2 Likes

As for not liking the livery, it’s just too plain for me. Don’t know why, just is.

1 Like

Isn’t it really fun to fly! The views are great because of the mountains, deserts and the fun approach into Palm Springs

1 Like

That makes sense, besides the tail and small writing on the front, their isn’t much else to look at

1 Like