A Summer Afternoon in Auckland to a Windy Day Beneath an Island Sky

AUCKLAND to APIA FALEOLO
On Friday night I really wanted to fly into one of those small, isolated, Pacific Islands. I did some digging and decided to fly into Apia Faleolo from Auckland. Apia is a City on the island country of Samoa in the South Pacific Ocean. It is just north of American Samoa, which you may have heard of for being a U.S. Territory. I flew in from Auckland, which Samoa Airlines flies in real life. They use a 737-800, but because of the 737MAX groundings, they leased a 737 from Malindo Air, a Philippine subsidiary of Lion Air. Because we don’t have a Samoa 737 in the game, the Malindo 737 was perfectly realistic as it is used in real life. Flight time was 3 Hours and 26 minutes

Flight Details

NZAA-NSFA • AKL-APW
Auckland to Apia Faleolo
Samoa (Malindo) 643
Boeing 737-900
3:26
@JulianB

🇳🇿 • 🇼🇸

Rotating from Auckland on a Sunny afternoon Putting the gear up as we climb over the aptly named ”Big Bay”
Climbing out over downtown Auckland After 2 hours over the South Pacific, we pass over the island country of Tonga The right wing view of Tonga from 34,000 feet
There are many thin stretches of islands along the route, and they all belong to Tonga Descending past the turquoise waters of Samoa Putting the gear down in the always blue Island Sky On final battling a 30 knot crosswind Touching down in Apia on Samoa 3 and a half hours after leaving Auckland!

As always please let me know your thoughts and your favorite photo!

Which country controlled Samoa until it’s independence in 1962?

• Great Britain
  • New Zealand
  • Tuvalu

0 voters

The answer to yesterday’s question was 1418 which 55% of people got correct

I’LL SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW!

21 Likes

And if you guys have any scenic routes, please let me know them!

I’m really starting to think I’ve flown all of them 😂

2 Likes

As always, nice pictures!

3 Likes

Nice!

You gotta try to fly to Funafuti or Nauru!

2 Likes

A little over exposed pictures in my Graphic Design brain. But i’m stunned by the way you managed to colorgrade it. Look very nice :)

1 Like

Looks like beach holidays! Great pictures of a very colourful livery + landscape which really brighten up my evening! Very well done, thanks for sharing!
And two favourites today…

2 Likes

Nice pics! Love how scenic and bright it is! The South Pacific really has some interesting routes.

1 Like

Very nice and very scenic! Great job!😀👍

1 Like

Amazing! I love these routes, too!

1 Like

@NoahM Try
YBBN-NFFN- Virgin Australia 737, Qantas 737, Fiji 737 or Malindo 737
YBBN-Noumea- Air Calin A320, Qantas 737 or Virgin Australia 737

2 Likes

This livery with Tonga in the background is 🔥

2 Likes

Thanks @ran!

@Tsumia good suggestions, thanks! 😀

Thanks @dani906h! Feedback never hurts :)

@Mr-plane-guy1 Yes it is! There are a bunch of routes into tiny little airports that are really fun

Thanks a lot @Captain_Benji and @KindaTartySliceOfPie!

@Brisbane_Aviator I like the Brisbane to Nadi route with the Fiji 737, thanks!

3 Likes

It does look like a beach holiday and that’s why I’m flying so much in warm areas! I really want to to be there instead of 30 degree Pennsylvania 😂

and I love the livery even if it’s technically not the right airline

1 Like

The Malindo livery fits so well with the little islands even if it’s from the Philippines

If it would be Celsius it would be fine ;)

That’s what I was doing when I had enough time too!

1 Like

Exactly! When it’s cold here I always do a bunch of flying to Florida and Hawaii to pretend like I’m there 😂

1 Like

Beautiful pictures.
Personally I don’t really like the color saturation

1 Like

Very nice! Lovely pictures! Fantastiche!

1 Like

Thank you very much @KindaTartySliceOfPie :)

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback :)

1 Like