A storytime, a question and an advice

Hey everyone! How’s your days going?

Mine? Well…

I participated in the IFVARB summit (which was great btw,congrats to all the team) From Madrid to Bogotá, i was around 1 hour away to my destination, everything was fine UNTIL i noticed my dear and lovable brother was touching the screen of my phone. And when i saw the screen, the most terrorific message appeared… CRASH.

I lose around 9 hours of flight and i got a level 1 violation for descending at -12000v/s at mach 0.84.

So what did i learned today? KEEP YOUR PHONE IN A SAFE PLACE.

Im also wondering if there’s any app or function which helps blocking my screen from a curious kid like my brother. Im using Android.

So, did you guys had some experience like this one?

What’s the dumbest violation you received?

8 Likes

Well that’s unfortunate! Definitely can relate to that one though, again, unfortunately, haha.

IOS has a feature called guided access which disables all functionality of the touch screen while still running the program that us currently on. Guided Access is used for a few different things but I’ve had it come in handy when flying on infinite flight. I believe Android has a similar feature called screen pinning.

1 Like

I have a feeling this could go here. Funny story though!

4 Likes

Drummer: “I’m going to wait for someone to link the correct topic and then close it”

Here you go sir. I’ll be the minimod of the day. Please pick me.

3 Likes

Thanks for being my minimod to take the work off of me ❤️

9 Likes