A Special Flight

Hello!

Yesterday, I did a very special flight for a good friend. Yesterday was @SWA1997’s Gotcha Day, and what better way to celebrate that than with an event!? So me and @SWA1997 set up an event (linked below), and then we were off! Let me tell you, the flight from Warsaw to Bucharest is really scenic, so I was pleasantly surprised with the amazing mountains along the way. How about you see some photos of the flight instead of having me write the world’s longest topic on it?

At the gate at Warsaw Chopin airport prepping for our flight. The group’s all here!

Waiting for everyone to catch up before we depart, say hi to @Gtmkm98’s APU (don’t worry, I wasn’t too close to his plane, lol).

A snake-bend departure while blasting out of Warsaw Chopin. @thomas_purdy1 in his lone WizzAir A321 is next in line for takeoff.

@Gtmkm98 makes a return. We were both going the same speed but I kept going faster than him no matter how much I slowed down. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Beginning my descent into Bucharest Henri Airport passing over some beautiful mountains. We also passed over @SWA1997‘s home airport of LRTM on the way as well.

Final approach to Bucharest runway 26R after being guided in by @PilotA320 and @MJP_27. There is some serious low-level fog, but nothing we couldn’t handle!

After a buttery landing, I met all the another attendees at the gate. Here, we have a closeup of @SWA1997’s A318 on the ground at Bucharest.

I would like to thank our ATC and everyone who came to this wonderful event. It was a blast thanks to you! Have a great day IFC, thanks for stopping by!

And happy Gotcha Day @SWA1997!

How many times did I tag you in this one thread? 😂

25 Likes

Wowowowwowoow

VERY nice photos!

2 Likes

Nice pictures…

1 Like

Thank you @MJP_27 and @PilotA320!

1 Like

No problem.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but a gotcha day is the date someone is adopted right? Like a birthday?

1 Like

Correctomundo.

1 Like

@Gibberish that Is correct, it’s the day where ur new parents come and pick u up from the orphanage or the foster care system homes.

2 Likes

Thanks, and happy gotcha day!

1 Like

@Gibberish thank u

2 Likes

Nice photos Also I hardly see someone use Tarom and A318 Online but Im glad you flown it

1 Like

Yep! We were probably the only people using the TAROM A318 at the time. 😂

Thank you!

2 Likes

I completely agree with @MJP_27: Phenomenal photos! Great job!

2 Likes

Thank you Brandon, means a lot!

1 Like

A little Fact: My first thanksgiving was at a Pizza Hut in Bucharest and I of course had pizza! Lol I was 19months when I was adopted.

2 Likes

@SWA1997 Thanksgiving is all about being surrounded by those you care about and who care about you. Don’t sweat the small details like it being pizza. My Thanksgiving this year will be take-away curry 😁

3 Likes

You are very welcome @Butter_Boi, well deserved! All of you guys did a phenomenal job with the photography!

1 Like

I wasn’t joking by the way I really ate pizza.!

3 Likes

Who doesn’t love pizza?! 😁 It literally is the perfect food. You can put whatever you want on it and eat it for any meal 🍕

2 Likes

Exactly lol

2 Likes