A Southwest Airlines Trip to Fort Lauderdale

Hello folks, I am here to post to you guys my virtual trip from St. Louis to Fort Lauderdale on Southwest Airlines. So this morning, I flew from St. Louis to Fort Lauderdale on the Southwest Airlines canyon blue livery. The flight left on time and arrived like 5 minutes ahead of schedule. The favorite part of this trip was the part where the plane was entering Northern Florida with the beautiful ocean view and now approaching to Ft. Lauderdale, the winds were out of the west, therefore approaching over the view of Dania Beach which is so lovely. This is like flying to Miami but going north of Miami which is called Broward County. I live in Miami-Dade County and Broward County is north of Miami-Dade County in which it is located next to each other. Anyways, here go the shots upon this amazing trip on Southwest Airlines.

Southwest Airlines Flight 2437 - St. Louis to Ft. Lauderdale 🇺🇸
Aircraft: Boeing 737-700
Origin: St. Louis Lambert Int’l Airport (KSTL)
Destination: Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood Int’l Airport (KFLL)
Flight Time: 2hrs 45mins
Server: Expert

There go my plane, parked at Gate E22, ready for us to board this flight down to Ft. Lauderdale at dawn before the sun comes up.

As the sun rises, we pushed back and now taxiing to RWY 12R as we are about to cross RWY 6 before we line up for takeoff out of St. Louis

Here we go as we enter the runway to line up for takeoff.

And off we go, we took off RWY 12R out of STL airport off to Ft. Lauderdale. Goodbye St. Louis, see you on Sunday

Here we are airborne, climbing up to our cruising altitude as we fly over the Mississippi River, plus downtown St. Louis. Imagine seeing the St. Louis Gateway Arch. That’s right, I’m Flyin’ out of my hometown to head to South Florida.

Here we are as we are cruising over south of Nashville Tennessee 🇺🇸 at FL370. The flight attendants came along the cabin to serve us a choice of beverages and Southwest Airlines pretzels plus my Oreos that I brought with me and my sprite, just to have enough to snack onboard while listening to music 🎶.

One and a half hours later, we are descending as we are getting ready to land in Ft. Lauderdale, flying over southeast of Ft. Myers airport. So literally, flying southeast of Ft. Myers 🇺🇸 before entering Broward. You can see the ocean in the background. Lookin’ beautiful right? It’s Florida 🍊🇺🇸.

Here go the Dania Beach approach RWY 28R short final I’m talkin’ about. That’s right, few moments before touch down at FLL. So prepare for landing.

And we have landed safely in Ft. Lauderdale and about to taxi to our gate for arrival. Hello 954 FT LAUDERDALE 🌴 😎🇺🇸.

We have arrived to Gate B4 and have exited the plane to take this shot before heading to baggage claim. What a great flight I had today.

And there I have it. That completes the flight from St. Louis to Ft. Lauderdale as it left and arrived on time. So, time to walk around Ft. Lauderdale airport for a bit and then start taking transportation to the Guitar Seminole Hotel for a four day vacation in Ft. Lauderdale. I’ll be plane spotting at FLL, MIA, and PBI virtually. So have a blessed day folks and be safe.

16 Likes