A Snowy Grand Rapids, with Golf-spotting! // Winter @KGRR

Remember that S&V topic from last year…no? I’d think so. But I recreated what I saw golfing at Thornapple Pointe Golf Club, which is pretty close actually…planes fly over at 300’ before landing on 26L. As I’m bombing my drives 280 yds, and sticking my Gap wedge to 5ft, let’s see what we have on this chilly 15° day! (-9.4 C for all you metric lovers)

Starting us off, the most MID plane to ever exist. This American Eagle CRJ (Crappy Regional Jet) operated by PSA Airlines slows down on 26L from Philadelphia

Delta's oldie but goldie puts wheels up for Hotlanta, Georgia, I'm pretty happy with this sub of the regular A321

Not a great shot, but this goes to show how much I hate 17/35...GRR, please destroy this runway, thanks! Allegiant A320 slowing down on 35 🤮 from Punta Gorda, Florida

Clouds decided to roll in right then, this under-brightnessed United A320 kicking up snow on 35 🤮 from Denver, Colorado

My camera is too scared of the A319 to actually get a good shot, but the fear is slowly going away, and we have this amazing lit American A319 from Phoenix Sky, Arizona

GOLF TIME!!!

This is when I started to worry, it started snowing pretty heavy, and there was no sun. But I could still walk away with this United A320 coming in from Denver, Colorado

This puts the blended in blended winglets. I flew on this plane from Denver to Grand Rapids in good ol' 2019, but this one is in from the better of the two Chicago airports

Clean...like a washing machine. This Allegiant A320 with the GORGEOUS evening snow lighting, glides into Grand Rapids after a flight from Orlando/Sanford (I'll be there in 2 weeks!)

Thank you, for using 26L. I was so glad they decided to use this runway so I could this guy! Coming in from everyone's favorite... Atlanta, Georgia

Rate these

0 voters

Which shot was you favorite, #10 and what other one

0 voters

Ohkayyyyy let’s go,

~Boi Plane Devin (ifykyk)

25 Likes

Beautiful snow pictures!

2 Likes

Thank you so much… although, I’m tired of it 😂

2 Likes

Allegiant 🥰 have worked both 273 and 274

2 Likes

Fun fun! What’s nice about GRR rn, is that Winter the Dolphin is based here, I’ll be flying to Sanford soon, so I’m hoping we get that aircraft!

1 Like

Great pics devin!!

2 Likes

Nice spotting!

2 Likes

Thanks Pro!!!

@BlueThunder08 thank you, I’m in a love/hate relationship with this snow 😂

3 Likes

Yea its beautiful too watch come down and the view of the scenery but it can get annoying sometimes!

2 Likes

Great shots dude!

2 Likes

Great memories at GRR, I used to study A&P out of Van Laar Dr. Great shots!!!

2 Likes

Tell me about it 😮‍💨

@Hornet11 COOL!!!

1 Like

You mean O’Hare right

I mean Midway of course 😝

Do you just take your camera to golf with you?

I can picture you in the middle of completion, about to hit your ball, and you hear a plane, drop the club, get the camera out quick, and just go snappy!

1 Like

Nice shots there! Like the Delta A320

1 Like

That is… exactly what it is 😉

@canton: thanks! Usually it’s an A321, but we got lucky with 2 subs last week with the 320 and a super rare 738

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.