A short free trial for Infinite Flight Pro

But if they had a mechanism which filtered out potential abuse, would you consider it useful?

There will always be those that will try to cheat, the big question is can you use a free trial to lure in potential customers. I think it might just work.

2 Likes

That would be nice to add in but how long

1 Like

Another idea would be that they should have a free trial like X-plane does. They give you about 1 hour of flight time and then you get booted from the server saying you have to buy it. There should be a bar at the top that says how much more flight time you have. 1 hour if definitely enough to see if you would like to purchase global.

5 Likes

I’d like to a free trial just because I have no idea of what it’s like? What is this global thing people are excited about? Is the paid version better graphics or what, do you still confined to the flight region you take off in or do you get to go to other places? What’s the point of taking off with other than GA aircraft if you can’t flightplan over 100km or so? Is the paid version a different game? At present time you can’t find out until you’ve paid and it seems the1 month plan is vastly different than the 1 year

1 Like

Bro gobal means you can fly any where I dont have a link on me but there is a post expaning it

2 Likes

More info here:

2 Likes

The 1 month sub seems more than enough as opposed to handing off free trials all over the place.

I agree with this idea actually. I have suggested one of my friends about Infinite Flight Live, but he didn’t want to waste Rp67,000- just to test it even after I showed him some pictures about it. And with the upcoming Pro which will rises the prices to Rp130,000 (You can do alot of things with Rp130,000-). I think a free trial for a day (24 hours) or maybe 12 hours only should be enough to convince customers that Global is worth for the Rp130,000,- price tag. That’s my 2 cents about this

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing your opinion!

1 Like

Tho is a good idea because how much is the game? Like $6 I think. That would be a great idea. But you will have to find a way from people making multiple Accounts. Maybe the 1 day trial has only the free planes.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be a trial for the game itself, just Infinite Flight Pro, the paid subscription plan.

I like this idea but for a free trial you wouldn’t need any longer than a couple of hours to get a feel for how amazing this sim is

1 Like

I bought a month for now :) and love it. My last post was based on older version before update

1 Like

I agree with this and the benefit far outweighs the cost for FDS in the long run.

I think a 24 hour trial would probably be most reasonable. You have my vote.

1 Like

How do you keep people from making a new trial every day?

2 Likes

Possible one trial per Apple ID purchase (if that’s even possible)? If I bought the app on johndoe@gmail.com, I will receive a 9 hour trial on that Apple ID. In order to make a new one, I’d have to repurchase IF completely with another Apple ID in order to get the trial again. And @ Laura, although the base app is sufficient feature wise, a trial should still be allowed to allow users to see if they’re comfortable allowing their device to be on that long. Let’s say I buy infinite flight pro and I see that my device gets very hot and lags severely while using global, and I come to the conclusion that I cannot fly on IF anymore; there goes $10. But, with the trial of 9 hours, it will allow the user to do one semi long haul flight to see whether or not they are comfortable with global.

5 Likes

I guess if you limit it to one per device using the IP address or something/one per account.

Maybe they can make some system that tracks trials based on device rather than the account they use?

2 Likes

Or what about a free weekend like a lot of video games on Xbox And PS4 have done and are very successful idk if u can do that with Apple but might be worth it? Could gain lots of new players

They will have to first create a Live account. If they already have an account, they can click on “one time 24 hr trial”.

A unique redeem code will be emailed to user.

User puts redeem code into App Store and redeems their 24 hr trial

1 Like