A Shamrock Flight into the South, a lovely holiday trip

Flight EI896

Just a week ago the EIVA Staff Team has organised a nice holiday group flight while Summer was coming to an end. We used this opportunity while IFATC was active in most airports of Ireland, some airports in Spain and Portugal. โ˜˜๏ธ

This was a Flashlight from Cork Airport, located in the Southern Coastlines of Ireland to Faro, the second most busiest airport in Portugal, mostly holiday related.

Flight Information.

Route: EICK ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช - LPFR ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น

Server: Expert.

Flight Time: 2:51 Hours. (Delayed by 25 minutes)

Time of Flight: 24th of August, 2020.

#1 - A busy line up in Cork Airport. ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช

This was a great sight. Not only a line of Shamrocks, about seven aircrafts ready for pushback, but also a line up of Ryanair, two aircrafts.

image Cork Airport Terminal.

#2 - A Smooth Takeoff from runway 16. ๐Ÿ›ซ

A gradual climb continues after departing. I was leaving Ireland with the upcoming coastline in the distance. Behind me you can see Cork Airport, and Cork City is Just behind the airport.

image Next to Riverstick town, Cullen, County Cork.

#3 - Flying above Porto City, Portugal. ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡น

The airport below me is LPPR, of course Porto Francisco de Sa Carneiro Airport. There was busy IFATC activity in this airport. I was in contact with Lisbon Center.

image Above Rio Ferreira, Eastern Part of Porto City, Portugal.

#4 - Starting my Approach to the Southern Coastline.

There was a little change in the scenery. From beautiful Portuguese cities and the coastlines, to a more of a sandy countryside. Nice views.

image A few miles south east of Avis - Alcรดrrego, Portugal.

#5 - On hold, busy traffic ahead. โ—๏ธ

During my descent, due to a high volume of traffic on approach to LPFR, the Center Frequency told a lot of users including me to hold above point ERTIS, right turns. This took quite a while until the frequency has closed down. Great scenery on the way.

image In between Pรฃo Vero and Vaqueiros town, Portugal.

#6 - Entering a Traffic pattern.

This is something I do admire on the Expert Server. There was no approach controller active, so all pilots approaching LPFR was tuned into Faro Tower. Most pilots figured out to find out a traffic pattern, most of the pilots including me decided to follow it and keep some space. Just a few minutes later an Approach Frequency has tuned in and we were all vectored into the airport.

image A few miles North East of Tavira - Santa Maria, Portugal.

#7 - The Golden Hour, Landing! ๐Ÿ›ฌ

Stunning sunset on final into runway 28, there was a close call to abort landing and go around. Luckily I had a close eye and the Ryanair Aircraft departed just in time.

image Short Final Runway 28, LPFR - Faro, Portugal.

#8 - On Ground Parking. ๐ŸŒ…

I have finally landed after hours of flying with a delay. I have arrived before @LukeF4, he uses the older livery. An EasyJet Aircraft also drove past us. Faro Airport was very busy at the time.

image Gate 212 - Faro Airport.

Thank you for viewing this topic!

Which picture was your favourite?

• Picture #1
  • Picture #2
  • Picture #3
  • Picture #4
  • Picture #5
  • Picture #6
  • Picture #7
  • Picture #8

0 voters

I hope to fly more often. Once school has started, my time here has fallen rapidly ever since I was busy focusing on learning new stuff for the Leaving Certificate (The most horrific Exams I will do this year).

20 Likes

Taxiing:
Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 7.01.20 PM

In all seriousness, great shots Kuba! The format is so fancy :D

4 Likes

I took my aviation grammar to another level, the level of stupidity.

3 Likes

Great pictures Kuba! Sounds like all worked out in the end. Maybe I shouldnโ€™t have diverted to Lisbon with Jack ๐Ÿ˜… Your topics are always a good read on the IFC thanks :)

Thanks, never knew you (and JACK) diverted to Lisbon. I hope you made it here safely.

Brilliant shots @Kuba_Jaroszczyk ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

Those photos are absolute craic! (Sorry if I used that term incorrectly, I am not Irish).

1 Like

This term mainly means fun. So, not something youโ€™d choose. ๐Ÿ˜„

Thanks for trying though!

Hahaha ok sorry if I offended any Irish people and I will always love EIVA! It is really underrepresented in the IFVARB and I think it is probably one of the best VAs. Unfortunately, I am too busy to join it but nevertheless, great photos!

2 Likes