A Realistic Session

I just had a very realistic session at KMLI in the Chicago region on the expert server! First, I open the tower that was moved to the correct spot. I would like to thank Cam and the developers for that! I can finally control at my local airport where the tower actually is in real life! Second, to my realistic session was I used runway 27 for my departure/arrival runway which they were using in real life at the time. Next, I was listening to live ATC from KMLI and they had two regional jets coming in. Guess what!?! That’s what was happening when I was controlling! Then the METAR updated so they changed runways. So of course, I had to keep the realism going so I switched to runway 09. To top the night off I had great pilots and no ghosts. Thanks to all those who came out! I love the realistic experiences this simulator can give! 😊

28 Likes

Sometimes I do the same thing with KFLL but it’s good to control your nearby airport sometimes.

2 Likes

And I wish I could have joined! We need more controllers like you who use realism :) well done absolutely well done :)

1 Like

Yep, It was a pretty nice traffic flow too.

1 Like

Sorry, couldn’t stay open that long. I like to have a break before bed. :)

2 Likes

That’s sounds surreal! Wish every session was as your described.

1 Like

I wish more controllers would use the runways IRL… good job :)

1 Like

Never knew KFLL is your local airport. Mine’s PBI. Pretty close!

1 Like

I try to do the same when I control at my local airport. Cringe when I see others use them unlike they do IRL. Lol

2 Likes

I think I saw you controlling in the distance, had a little more traffic at yours than I did anyway ;)

1 Like

Funny you should say that. I love controlling KSRQ which is right around the corner from my house. I pull up live ATC and listen in and shoot for realism as well.

1 Like

It’s ok. As you are move up in ranks you’ll get more traffic.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.