A rather stormy spotting session at London Heathrow (EGLL/LHR) 22/02/20

Hello IFC!
Yesterday I took a trip over to Myrtle Avenue, which is situated just at the end of RW27L and the perfect place to go spotting at Heathrow. The weather wasn’t great, but the conditions made it perfect for watching some go arounds and gusty approaches! There were plenty of rare and exciting aircraft scheduled into Heathrow yesterday, and I had the pleasure of seeing the Azerbaijan Airlines private jet (reg 4K-AZBBB), a very rare SWISS A330 charter plus a Qatar Airways Cargo A330! I also finally managed to take a decent shot of a Lufthansa A320N, something I have been wanting to do for a while. Overall it was a very nice session, I learnt some new skills regarding low light photography and I managed to spot a few aircraft that I have always wanted to.

I have put a few shots below that I managed to recover off of my SD card:

G-TTNB inbound from Geneva

D-AINQ on approach from Frankfurt

G-CIVY being flown into Heathrow after some time in maintenance over in Cardiff

HL8011 on finals after her flight over from Seoul

I also managed to recover this shot of the SWISS A330 charter, Included the original for perspective.

Thank you for viewing my photos!

64 Likes

Great pictures! The BA and LH A320NEOs look absolutely stunning!

Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

2 Likes

Flew on G-TTNB the other day

2 Likes

Love the Lufthansa A320N! Great photos!

3 Likes

I was gonna go but 27L didn’t have landings at the time, what time did you go?

1 Like

They switch the runways everyday at around 1500Z due to noise restrictions, so I went just after 1530Z.

1 Like

Depressing skies: Just how England should be.

Very nice photos. I especially like the first two. I might come to Myrtle Ave. someday in November when Pilot Careers Live is on. Definitely on my bucket list to go there.

2 Likes

Thank you! And yes, the weather felt very British yesterday. Would definitely recommend coming over, the views and perspectives you can get are just incredible!

2 Likes

So landings are 27L?

1 Like

The British Airways 747 is definitely my favorite shot, great pictures there all nice.

2 Likes

Well, depends. Currently they are using 27R but there will be a runway change to 27L in the next 30min. If it’s 27R in the morning, it’s going to be 27L In the afternoon. And if it’s 27L in the morning, it’s going to be 27R in the afternoon.

1 Like

Ok thanks.

1 Like

Was this from yesterday @Speedbird_286

1 Like

Great shots!

1 Like

Yes, it was!

1 Like

Amazing pictures as always! 😍

1 Like

Thanks Chris, appreciate it!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning! Love the bright Swiss A330, for some reason I really like the first pic, probably the angle and the reflections!

1 Like

Thanks, glad you liked them!

1 Like