A Quick 4 Day Vacation - DAL-HOU-IAH-MJY-IAH-ZBZ-IAH-HOU-DAL

Had a week off work so decided to not be lazy and not Netflix binge. Haha

The original plan was simple - Dallas to Houston to Belize and back the same way. There were some delays on my end so I knew I was cutting it close to my Houston flight to Belize. Sure enough, I missed it by 4 mins. Instead of getting a hotel in Houston a quick search showed I could catch a flight to Mex City. Sure, why not I think. Mex city was a pleasant surprise. Amazing food and culture all within reach at a fraction of the cost. Will definitely go back.

Enough of typing, on to the pics:

Push back out of Dal

Will be adding pics through the course of the day as I have a decent amount that needs to be uploaded.

16 Likes

So you just randomly went on holiday? ;)

4 Likes

I had 7 days off on my schedule, so yeah, totally random. #pilotlife haha

10 Likes

Seems like you can’t get enough of being thousands of feet in the air

5 Likes

Sounds like me. Currently sitting in BDL to fly BDL-MSP-SEA-PDX-NRT, HND-MSP-BDL

1 Like

I think that’s what being a pilot entails

2 Likes

Nice man! Looking forward to the rest of the pics. I love Southwest and the 737-300!

2 Likes

Absolutely. Sit back relax and eat my peanuts. Haha

2 Likes

Got a nice surprise for ya at the end. Stay tuned ;)

2 Likes

Wow, why can’t I do this lol

1 Like

You can! And don’t ya think otherwise :)

1 Like

@Erj145, are you flying for free, jump seating?

1 Like

Approach into MJY

Pulled into our gate

4 Likes

Non Rev \ Jumpseat(last flight into DaL) since the flight was full.

Does this mean that you are not paying?

Lol yup. If I really have to go somewhere and there’s no flexibility on dates I would pay via zfare.

2 Likes

I did this exact same thing. I flew to O’Hare and back just for the fun of it. I’m doing it again this June i think.

1 Like

So obviously you have to a pilot with the airline/partner airliner. But how does it work? Do you walk up to the gate and be like, can I jumpseat?

ayyyy, KBDL is only 20 minutes from my house

I mainly non Rev / jumpseat with AA. UA or SW. It’s different for different airlines. Sw is the smoothest and easiest. The rest are a bit tedious. Ua is pretty smooth process too.

Only a pilot from the airline or other approved airlines are allowed on the jumpseat.