A... Questionable (?) Visitor At Brussels (BRU/EBBR)

Hello again!

It has been a while since I’ve made on of these, if you haven’t seen my last one, check it out: Going To Brussels’ Smaller Brother .

So last weekend, on the 9th and 10th of April (Saturday and Sunday), two special planes would come to Brussels, one being old, and the other being… politically questionable. This topic is all about the 10th of April with politics galore.

Just kidding, I don’t like getting into politics. With the whole situation going on right now in the East of my continent, I don’t exactly like who would get in this plane, but seeing the plane itself was very cool, and a first for me.

This was possibly my only chance at ever seeing a plane like this, and after having to miss them too many times that I could count, I had to go see it now.

Basic information:

• Landing runways: 25L and 25R
  • Departing runway: 25R
  • Camera: Fujifilm X-T2
  • Lens: Fujifilm XF 100-400mm

And now, get ready to see something special.

Starting off simple, with what I would normally consider special, but it’s about to get trumped by what’s coming soon. This Brussels Airlines Airbus A320 (OO-SNC) in the Star Alliance livery coming in from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG/LFPG). @Robertine, your land.

Next up, we have another special one, but again, it’ll get trumped by what’s coming next. This Brussels Airlines Airbus A320 (OO-SNB) in the Tintin livery flying overhead after a flight from Ben Gurion Airport (TLV/LLBG).

And now, the star of the day. This is something you won’t see in Europe much anymore. This Rossiya - Special Flight Squadron Ilyushin IL-96 (RA-96014) came from Moscow Vnukovo (VKO/UUWW) to pick up Russian diplomats that were being expelled from the EU. This was the very first time I got to see any sort of Russian government aircraft, let alone a Russian built one.

After that loud spectacle, we went back to normal with this Brussels Airlines A319 (OO-SSU) in the new livery coming from Munich Airport (MUC/EDDM).

A little while later we got treated to another big plane, this time a Singapore Airlines Cargo Boeing 747-400F (9V-SFQ) flying in from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW/KDFW).

Right after that, we got to see this beautiful Ethiopian Airbus A350-900 (ET-AVD) doing a cargo flight from Addis Ababa Bole International Airport (ADD/HAAB).

And last but not least, a DHL Airbus A300F (D-AEAJ). This old workhorse came in from London Heathrow Airport (LHR/EGLL).

And that’s a wrap! I’ve still got 3 days worth of spotting photos to post, but I just had to post this one first. I’m not into politics, so it’s just a cool plane to me. Please don’t get political in the replies either, wouldn’t want to offend anyone.

Anyway I hope you all liked the photos! If you did, let me know. And if you didn’t, well sorry for disappointing you? Plugging my socials again like always.

My Instagram:

My JetPhotos profile:

Until next time everyone!

41 Likes

I have to say these shots look stunning!

By the way I feel like Brussels Airlines has a huge number of special livery.

I dont usually appreciate the A350 but Ethiopian makes it look great! 🔥

Questionable opinion:

The new Brussels Airlines livery is gorgeous, for a French Airline 😩😳

2 Likes

For a WHAT airline?

2 Likes

I love that Brussels now flies to Munich!

1 Like

Very cool pìctures @T1MMY4L1F3_YT! The 747 is stunning!

1 Like

Nice pictures!!

1 Like

Thank you! And yes, Brussels Airlines has quite a few special liveries, 5 “Belgian Icon” liveries and a Star Alliance one.

And yeah, Ethiopian’s A350s are some of my favourites. And ah yes… French?

@Robertine my reaction.

@MxP yup, some more diversity for the spotters there.

@El_YuainXD thank you! 747 is always nice to catch of course.

@joaonoaviao thank you!

2 Likes

Aye I love Tintin, this one’s definitely my favorite

1 Like

Definitely one of my favourites as well, the comic liveries look great.

1 Like

I love the pics😍! The IL-96 is definitely a special aircraft to spot!

1 Like

Awesome snaps! That ET A350 is so pretty! :D
The IL-96 is a pretty interesting-looking plane, kinda stubby yet it has a center gear and 4 engines

1 Like

Thank you! And yes, it definitely is. First time I’ve ever seen one.

@Thomas_Cunningham thank you! And yes I agree, Ethiopian’s A350s look great.

It certainly looks unlike anything else. Comparable to the A340 in a way, the engines must not produce much power, hence the two extra ones (just my guess).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.