A question on the A350-1000

It’s coming up 6 months since we had an update on the A350-1000 and i was wondering has a decision been made on its future? If not will we be updated after the up and coming 20.1? There are a few big airlines operating this aircraft including BA and Virgin however there isn’t as much livery choice as the -900 varient.

1 Like

They were pretty clear, it’s not planned

1 Like

It’s also fairly newer to the A359, so not much data can be acquired from the aircraft at this state. We can wait for the future and see what it holds, however.

Always make sure to keep an eye out for whenever they make a voting post again to see what aircraft should come next!

2 Likes

Looking at the post on the A350XWB post by Jason it says they’re unsure its hardly clear that it’s not happening.

It’s currently in service with BA i’m lead to believe i don’t know if the airlines publish the data or the manufacturers.

To be honest we don’t have any news on the A35K. It might come at some point or it might not, we’ll have to wait and see.

Please do also see Jason’s response on the A350 #features thread:

1 Like

I agree! The A350-900 is good enough (to me)! I feel we need the A330-200 though.

2 Likes

Well it’s not just a one time data thing, there is a lot more information to be acquired such as the different load factors and winds that come into play, not to mention how different aircrafts of different lengths can have different physics and animations.

1 Like

I suppose they’ve already got a lot on their plate it seems like a lot of work, which is why I suggested that they may take a look at it after the release of 20.1

You also have to realize that they have a TON of aircraft to rework now. With the coming of all of the navigation features, it becomes even more necessary to have a love interface cockpit. Another addition to the 350 is not top priority, and to be frank, based on how often aircraft get reworked, it could be another 5 years before they even consider making the aircraft again.

1 Like

Please have a look at Jasons statement shared above. It’s still valid today.