A question for ATC [only]

Some feedback?

1 Like

I passed both tests first time, I would suggest creating a topic on the forum saying “ATC open at xx” and ask for advanced controllers to come and fly for you, this is a great way to practice

4 Likes

Do not clear me to land if I’m 20 miles from the airport.
Give me an Enter Straight In first.

Also, you told me Number 2, traffic to follow is on final but I did not know which runway you meant.

3 Likes

I didn’t take the theory since it didn’t exist yet back then
Passed my practical the 4th time, don’t be like me

3 Likes

Thank you!

Had 1 practical, failed (badly), but since then passed written

1 Like

What do you do on the writing test??

“Knowledge Exam, a 25 question test that will evaluate the candidate’s knowledge of basic ATC procedures and commands” - Quote from Tyler Shelton’s IFATC Recruiting topic

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

True, but it’s just quality control to ensure everyone gets the best experience on the advanced server. Don’t think of it as a test, if your good at controlling and know your stuff then it should be a piece of cake

2 Likes

I took the written test twice and nailed the second, then passed the practical test at first attempt. :)

Of course you are right…do ATC look very easy but is not! Is very complicate!in the next days I will be in pg atc, please come and make patterns when you see my name, I appreciate criticism and suggestions but also congratulations! I want to become atc! thank you all!

1 Like

You was now in socal doing pattern with me?

Was it you at KVCV earlier? I went for some patterns down there.

Yes i was!how i did?

Check your messages. :D

Passed both tests on the first attempt, but I heared @Cayler needed a shockingly high number of attempts to pass the practical 😜

2 Likes

When I started the written wasn’t available I failed my first practical because I didn’t know there was a sequence only button 😂.
Also failed my first approach test. It’s a never ending learning experience.

2 Likes

Passed written 1st try
Practicals failed first two. Only allowed 3 tries or you must wait like a month. I passed third time…lol

1 Like

Third times the charm :)