A question about read time...

Hello IFC!

I just had a question regarding “read time” here on the forum…

My question is: let’s just say, I left my IFC tab open on my browser, I went to sleep and I left the tab open and my computer still on… Will that count as “read time” as the tab is open and it is just sitting there for hours…

Thanks

When reading the post(s) you may notice a blue dot(s) I believe until that disappears that counts as reading time as well as how much posts you have read.

1 Like

No, that wouldn’t count. To get read time you simply have to be actively reading the forum and going to new topics. Sitting there doing nothing for a long period of time wouldn’t gain much read time at all.

2 Likes

Ok, I have never noticed those…

Ok! Thank you for the clarification!

2 Likes

The blue dots is more visible if your phone is on desktop view or if your using a computer or laptop you’ll see it.

1 Like

That also would sort of be farming for read time. Your read time will only come for reading the posts like when it says There are 306 replies with an estimated read time of 22 minutes. So reading all of those 306 replies you would gain 22 minutes of read time.

3 Likes

Ok, Thank you!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.