A Question about Korean’s A380

Hello everyone!

I know that the IFC should never be used as just a search engine. However, I’ve searched for the answer to this question online and couldn’t find an answer so I’m asking around here.

Me and my family are planning a trip to Asia, and the airlines we are considering are American & JAL, or Delta & Korean. One area in which I’m trying to compare them are whether they have air nozzles above the seats. I know American and Delta do, but JAL doesn’t on the 787, which is the aircraft I would be flying if I went with them. However I’m not sure if Korean does (specifically on the A380). Do you know if they do, or have you flown on Korean? Or if you know someone on here who had could you please tag them? Thanks so much!

3 Likes

imageCredit
Doesn’t look like it.

2 Likes

Well, I’d rather suggest you go for Delta…

If you could have, maybe ANA would be a good idea as well.

Which place in Asia do you plan to go to?

4 Likes

most airlines especially the A380 doesn’t have anymore.

2 Likes

You could fly the Korean air 777 but I don’t think that has it either

2 Likes

I don’t think their new 789s have them either

3 Likes

American all the way. Also if you get on the nice JAL 787 their eco is like eco plus.

2 Likes

JAL’s 787s are fantastic. One of - if not - the only airline to offer a 2-4-2 787 economy class.

4 Likes

There are 3 different variations, but it really just effects the business/first seating. But I do think on one, the seats are bigger in economy than the others.

1 Like

You should just fly United from Austin to San Francisco and then on one of their 77Ws, 772s, or 788/9/10s to Asia ;)

1 Like

@Capt.SkyWalker @anon79257371 thanks!

@ran I will be doing a multi city! Austin to Seoul and then either Hanoi or Da Nang to Austin. Unfortunately flying with ANA is too expensive.

So I’m considering either:

AUS-DFW-ICN with American, then HAN/DAD-HND-DFW-AUS with JAL and American. I can fly the HND-DFW leg with either airline. The advantage of JAL is the super spacious seats and catering. The advantage of AA is the IFE and the fact that JAL cabins on the 787 can be boiling hot.

Alternatively with Delta I can fly AUS-SEA-ICN on the way there (ooh A330neo). And HAN/DAD-ICN-LAX-AUS with the ICN-LAX being on a Korean A380. Or I can pay $130 extra to fly HAN/DAD-ICN-SEA-AUS. The advantage of this is that it’s on Delta who have superior IFE, air nozzles, and a high quality economy service. The layovers are also more convenient. However the Korean A380 is more spacious than the Delta A330neo

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback everyone! I’ll hopefully be booking my tix sometime in the next month. Whichever routing and airlines I end up taking, all are still good choices :D

1 Like

When is this? Because JL is switching to HND-DFW in March.

2 Likes

Oh it must be Haneda then. I couldn’t remember which one it was so I checked FR24 but it will change between now and then. Thanks for catching that!

2 Likes

Few more questions: All economy class, right?

Are you traveling with family? How many people?

I would truthfully pick JAL over AA any day on DFW-Tokyo. The 772/77W’s 3-4-3 economy with 31 inches of pitch is terribly tight. If it’s hot… I guess ask for some cold water?

1 Like

What are air nozzles

Yes

Yes I’m traveling with my parents. It will just be me and my mom on the way there, and my dad as well on the way back. One of the reasons why I’d rather fly Delta and Korean is because the A330neo has a 2-4-2 so me and my mom could get a window and aisle. If I do end up flying with AA and JAL, I’ll still likely take JAL over AA from HND to DFW because the economy class is so spacious. A USB fan should probably do the trick

The things above your seat, next to the reading light. You twist them and they provide air

1 Like

Oh right why do airlines not have them anymore?

To cut costs I believe

1 Like