A penny for your thoughts on global

Now that some of us IF users have the global update. How about sharing your thoughts on the experience so far. Enjoying it, disliking it? So far I’ve been enjoying long routes I’ve been taking. Despite the game crashing half way from jfk to lhr.

13 Likes

I’m absolutely in love with global. Now you can pay me $100. Thank you very much. 😊

44 Likes

The game was unplayable most of yesterday.
I have flown NZQN-NZAA today and it is a beautiful flight. A must do for everybody!
I am excited to explore more and more of the world over the coming days, weeks, and months.

5 Likes

What can I say? Global is one of the best updates for IF in the history of the simulator. I think IF is now officially better than Xplane11 and FSX, it can easily compete with P3D and that’s an achievement. Every time I spawn in, I’m always blown away by how beautiful the rendering is and the scenery is.

2 Likes

Honestly the servers are messed up like every game that releases. My only thoughts are that global seems great yes, but it feels like an entirely new game. the only problem i have is that now i am using pure connection to play, plus it feels alittle team fortress like if that makes sense, the old graphics looked great, not saying that this doesnt. But 100% i truly feel like it should have been two different games, i understand live members being upgraded and you want to show support in the community but honestly it could have been two different games, one for offline play, one for online. graphics i believe aircraft wise it was better before, plus before it looked somewhat real, according to everyone ive shown that doesnt understand my brother for instance said the old pics looked better. Idk this is just a penny for a thought and i have no negative feeling, congrats to every one & safe landings!
(Two pics of before and after) plus the maps are only the black option now i liked the terrain mapping too. Alot of my information has been opinion from others that are not into the community and dont understand.

6 Likes

Wait I get a penny? Awesome! Ok let me earn it: “Global is breathtaking to the mind and eyes but to a true avgeek it is the sole of his passion”

13 Likes

Man if you think this update is bad you are not seeing the whole thing. By far the best update that has ever happened to this game. You need to explore places like Queenstown in New Zealand and Aspen in Colorado.

1 Like

True Artwork. 10 grand for you sir

3 Likes

Why thank you sir! I’ll use it wisely :)

3 Likes

I think it amazing and only going to get better once we all settle into this update. Global opens the door for an almost endless amount of possibilities.

1 Like

The only gripe I have about global is that you can’t do your flight while the app is running in the background. It is so hard to do long haul flights. Other than that I am not disappointed with what I have seen. The scenery and aircraft look stunning, the UI is very well done and it runs very well.

6 Likes

Absolutely 100 percent love it ! I feel like I am literally in a plane and the scenery is gorgeous!

1 Like

Don’t forget us guys… still locked up on near enough useless maps now lucky if you see a plane these days 😂

5 Likes

I took off from Montreal two hours ago and my Air Canada 787-9 is purring happily along at FL390 over the Atlantic Ocean making its way toward Heathrow. There is someone oddly satisfying about watching the plane lit by the moon slowly ticking down the miles towards a sunrise and a new, exciting continent. With server capacity increased, I’ve had no problems with the scenery at all. I think I have fallen in love.

6 Likes

Hell yeah there are so many routes that i want to fly.

1 Like

Yeah the airplanes do look better prior to global now they look cartoony.

3 Likes

Yes indeed no issues at all on my end and it feels like a real trip with the scenery. And also like a tour of the world in so many ways

1 Like

Unfortunately im on an ipad air 2 and it lags for me. Prior to thw update it ran really smoothly. But i really enjoy everything else.

1 Like

Sorry to hear I’m also on the air 2 , no issues whatsoever on my end smooth as butter

1 Like

I really don’t want to complain about anything. I like the new graphics personally.