A/P HDG showing in 3-digits

When ATC tells you for an example: Finnair 90, turn Left heading 040.
You as a pilot turn 040 via the Autopilot but on the A/P it doesn’t say 040 but rather heading 40, which is also correct but the OP here wants the A/P to show 040 NOT 40.

Or 050 not 50, 030 not 30. It’s supposed show a 3-digit number not 2-digit as it is today. Because when ATC tells us to head for a specific heading, they say it in 3-digits and we pilots respond in 3-digits but eh A/P shows HGD: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 Not 010, 020, 030, 040, etc…

It can get confusing for some people to see 2-digits instead of 3 when ATC clearly says 3 but in my honest opinion, it doesn’t matter much to me since 020 degrees and 20 degrees are the same thing.

Can you explain a bit further? Cant get your point!

3 Likes

If you are referring to the autopilot Heading selector, it does indeed go over 100°. It may be that you are experiencing a one off bug. Perhaps you could provide some device information and a screenshot?

1 Like

This is hard to explain but i mean that it would be more clear if a/p shows always xxx not xx or x

Yes i mean the ap selector but i dont have any bug (it works just like it shoud) but it would be just more clear if the selector would show always xxx not xx or xx

I’m still really unsure. Could you provide a screenshot?

From what I understand, what he finds annoying is that ATC instructs you with a 3-figure heading, whereas pilots input a 2-figure heading when the heading is lower than 100 degrees.

2 Likes

In aviation (real life) when referring to heading it is always mentioned in three digits. For example if ATC tells you to turn to heading 50 they will say zero five zero. but in the sim I forgot where but it does for 50 it says five zero

1 Like

This is in #features everyone, it isn’t a support topic.

OP is asking for a change in the autopilot heading selector. Right now it reads as 50*, OP wants it to read 050* to match what ATC says.

1 Like

In the ap selector it says 5 0 and 5 but atc says 0 5 0 and 0 0 5

So you want to say 050 or 005

1 Like

Yes exactly like that not 5 or 50

When ATC tells you for an example: Speedbird 90, turn Left heading 040.
You as a pilot turn 040 via the Autopilot but on the A/P it doesn’t say 040 but rather heading 40, which is also correct but the OP here wants the A/P to show 040 NOT 40.

Or 050 not 50, 030 not 30. It’s supposed show a 3-digit number not 2-digit as it is today. Because when ATC tells us to head for a specific heading, they say it in 3-digits and we pilots respond in 3-digits but eh A/P shows HGD: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 Not 010, 020, 030, 040, etc…

It can get confusing for some people to see 2-digits instead of 3 when ATC clearly says 3 but in my honest opinion, it doesn’t matter much to me since 020 degrees and 20 degrees are the same thing.

But i am in support of this request and might leave a vote one day, if find one to spare :)

1 Like

100000% what i mean 👍👍

1 Like

I fixed the title for you, hope it is a bit more understandable now :)
It was slightly confusing before, but what you want is the A/P to show 3-digits rather than 2-digits.

1 Like

Yep always in 3 digits so it doesn twist my brain

1 Like

You could add my first post where i explained what you wanted to your own original post so everyone can see it at the top :)

1 Like

The atc voice should also be fixed cause it says runway 1 when it should really say 0 1

That is another minor thing you could make a request about…

1 Like

I made a topic of it