A Mountain on Paris?

Just Noticed this while flying in Solo. It’s near LFOJ

6 Likes

Um what is with your terrain…

1 Like

What’s the elevation?

1 Like

I think it’s about 1000-2000 ft

lol don’t worry, I guess they might just have to fix that. I have seen a couple of times a ‘hill’ in SoFlo region where Miami Beach is lol… definitely does not belong there.

2 Likes

The weird thing is, unlike “Hills” that we’ve seen before, There is an airport on the mountain lol

1 Like

I believe this was already reported and fixed. The altitude of the airport was incorrectly stated and the airport boundary brought the aprons up to that level. In the hopper for next build. ;).

2 Likes
2 Likes

lolololol yeah that’s true lol (:

1 Like

How can the terrain altitudes be changed by accident?

2 Likes

This is a setting associated with the runway in each airport. If a runway base height is mis entered and is not similar to surrounding area then it is possible to see this error. Fat finger by an editor. Typically we do not touch these parameters when editing. It is possible for a new/green editor to modify this by mistake.

Rumor has it you currently get triple XP for landing at this airport because of the accuracy requirement. - only joking

Respectfully

7 Likes

There’re not just in Paris, this is one in the New York Region. Can you tell from the 3-D edge.

2 Likes

Looks like a tsunami alert is in place for NY!

3 Likes

I believe there is another one around Gatwick.

@dush19 explained that the wind causes the water to make weird forms when its strong enough, its a way to represent waves.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.