A Moderation Update

I haven’t even taken a sip of coffee yet… 😉

1 Like

We are a great community!! Good job staff and moderator are doing the best to help and some like us are also helping. That what makes a great community!

To those who have lost Regular status,
Don’t take it personal. You will get back if you try hard enough and are a good member of the community

5 Likes

Nice changes, I have goals of becoming a regular on the forum but i’m sure not in any rush!

3 Likes

No one is asking this for some reason, but what are the actual new TL3 requirements?

5 Likes

TL requirements aren’t revealed to us.
Seb gives a great explanation as to why they’re not revealed in this post.

3 Likes

It isn’t known by us. Only the mods and staff know as to my knowledge.

5 Likes

They don’t give out the requirements because the company people will only “farm” to get to TL3 and we will lose the genuine quality of people aspiring to get there. Vague/no guidelines means people guess so they make genuine, good topics instead of “Here’s how I’m going to get to TL3.”

5 Likes

Great to see that the moderation has gone up. I, among many others, lost regular status. But we still need to be a part of the community. Many have been moderated, but we still need to be vigilant.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update guys!!

3 Likes

It’s great to see our aviation community grow :)

3 Likes

I do see that point. On the other hand, I used to be moderator on another forum with 40‘000 Users. There were clear requirements for the TLs and it actually worked pretty well. I get both systems though. 😋

As I said, I was just curious. It’s great here how it is.

3 Likes

Good to see our community grow!

3 Likes

Great job Misha putting all this helpful information together. Now new users will have the ability to Private Message another person here in the community easier and quicker. Hope to see a decrease of the I can’t contact @anon66442947 (that was an example:) ) topics. This will not only help new members start their ATC training in order to become IFATC’s, but also, with being allowed to PM sooner than it used to be before, they will be able to contact a controller for example for a report complain, for advise, etc…

As for the new regulars requirements. I really find the new changes fair enough for many of us. Active and always helpful members should become regulars and have the title of the role model in the community. I know that the new changes have already impact some regulars, but as others stated, nothing is over. If you got demoted from regular, you already know the process on how to become one. My opinion is: Keep being a constructive, active and helpful member and you will earn this awesome badge very quickly!

To sum up, I really like to thank you Misha, Seb, Tyler and every moderator and staff. I think we all know that this changes have been made for a good cause and we appreciate everything you guys do to make Infinite Flight an awesome place. 60.000 members and still counting…WOW. With the release of global, I think that the community has grown and will continue growing. That’s why the need of moderation power is strongly needed. Looking forward to the next official announcement. Until then!

11 Likes

Thanks for the update Misha,

great to see that the community is growing and that we can all help to play our part to keep it civil, intresting and of course fun!

happy landings all!

3 Likes

Even though I lost regular, I am going to take it with a grain of salt and I am still pushing thru to be a regular!
As @MrMrMan said, it is great to not know the requirements, as this will motivate me to come back!

8 Likes

Thanks for the update guys,

these updates changes should help the forum run much smoother! It is truly incredible how fast this form is growing, over 10,000 users have joined in the past 4 months.

Thanks to everyone on the moderation team for all of your hard work, you do a great job!

7 Likes

Interesting update! Like to see how these changes were made. Now the quality of posts would be way better especially if one is a regular.

I used to be a regular once…lost it and never to be seen again…never will…dun dun dun!!!

7 Likes

Great and much-needed update for the community! I like that the regular group is being held to a higher standard to get there (though i hope someday I can).

Feel bad for the group that just reached regular in the last two weeks or so and then had it stripped away.

5 Likes

Great news but now that more mods will be added there will plenty of people trying really hard to get mod on here @MishaCamp . Just watch out for that👍

2 Likes