A message to Training Server Pilots on the IFC

Training server isn’t a place to taxi on grass, takeoff on non usable runways, taxi through users. It’s a place for people to fly around and for ATC’s to practice if you want to mess around like that, go to the casual server.

10 Likes

Yes yes yes
I don’t see why people don’t understand this. I was controlling atc and when I told a guy to line up and wait a guy in a jet just turned on the runway and took off

5 Likes

People need to understand, listen to ATC. I know Expert Server is for that, but where do the IFATC controllers come from? Controlling on the training server. Training server is for practicing, and these people are being annoying, like if you wanna mess around go to casual.

8 Likes

Something that will help is to open up a smaller airport (not LAX,JFK, SFO, EGLL, LFPG… etc) and create an ATC tracking thread to bring in traffic who will help you improve your skills.

3 Likes

I mean, how is making a ATC tracking thread sharpen up your skills with handling more traffic, and when you make a thread, not many people show up + you can’t practice approach/departure/center skills.

1 Like

There will always be trolls no matter where you go, especially at large class bravo airports. So opening up a smaller airport and having that tracking thread will really help with the trolls, and it will bring in traffic that will 1) follow your instructions, and 2) give you feedback…

1 Like

Well yeah, I’ve been beginning to notice that the training server pilots are less bad then they used to be. I was controlling EGLL when everything was fine until 2 IFC members (ofc people who don’t post/comment regularly) taxied through everyone and skipped the line.

3 Likes

Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

#1 resource to becoming ifatc if your interested is always the ATC manual linked here: Introduction | Infinite Flight

If you want an example of a tracking thread go into the ATC section of the forum and you will see plenty of them!! Example: CaptainNast’s ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed] @ N/A

1 Like

The tracking thread will bring in traffic because people know that you are there and want to sharpen up your skills. You will likely have one or two ATC trainers, recruiters or supervisors show up if you do multiple sessions.

It takes dedication and patience. If you go into the ifatc training process your recruiter will be able to help. Having virtual friends on the forum help too.

Im not 100% on this but if your looking to go into IFATC I believe you have to complete ground/tower before you can move on to Departure/Radar

1 Like

This happens unfortunately. I wish it wouldnt happen but that is in a perfect world.

1 Like

Yeah I know, just for future.

1 Like

same, I’m trying to practice on the training server, and I see random people just taxiing and taking off from grass and taxiways, especially at London Heathrow and Los Angeles.

2 Likes

and not only that, sometimes when I’m approach, I give them vectors, what do they respond to me with? “Unable”, just like WHY

2 Likes

Gotta hate it when that happens

1 Like

yea, I HATE it, it makes me feel like, what’s the point of me being there

1 Like

Reference some of my posts above to help avoid some of the trolls, and receive constructive feedback in the process. ;)

2 Likes

ok, thanks! :)

2 Likes

I know right. Some of them refuse to change their FPL at all. But nobody listens to vectors So I tell them to continue as filed, I don’t give em approach vectors because I know that they won’t listen but they will figure it out with FPL system, it usually works and I can get em in easily, I still am able to give altitude vectors.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! If you want to do something involving ATC I may do a flight with my friend later. I can send you our departure. Just in case you want everyone at the airport to listen to you:

1 Like