A Message to the Pilots

Hey folks!! I just wanted to share with all of the pilots out there that the turbulence has been CRAZY lately. If you’ve been flying lately, you already knew this, but if you haven’t and you plane on flying, PLEASE use the windy app to better plan your flight(s). Also, the game itself has a part in how the planes are affected by the weather. I’ve been in some pretty nasty turbulence before, and I don’t think it’s portrayed quite accurately in the game, but anyway… Please be careful guys. Mother Nature has been blowing my plane around for the past two days 🤦🏾‍♂️ IT’S NOT PRETTY

24 Likes

Yes I experienced very crazy turbulence in the past few days

1 Like

Thanks for the NOTAM! Looks like things ain’t pretty out there

1 Like

It is true that the turbulence is sometimes very strong and has a great influence on the physics of the plane 😂

1 Like

Turbulence has been bad IRL. Can’t expect the sim to have it perfectly modeled but we certainly get the idea.

1 Like

I would recommend flying at FL310 when you cross “La Manche” (the sea between France and England… I don’t know how it’s called in english 😅) I flew there twice today and it seemed to be a decent altitude to fly at…

Just in case…

2 Likes

@Alexiadis98 It’s been very bad lately 🤦🏾‍♂️
@Luca_Mig I usually don’t fly outside of the US, but if I come across the area I will definitely keep that in mind
@CaptainNast True statement 😂
@Chad_Garnett We definitely got the idea 😂
@Thomas_Cunningham Not pretty at all

2 Likes

its called the “English channel”

2 Likes

Oh yeah thank you!

1 Like

Flew Gatwick to Dublin yesterday and I’m pretty sure that the plane isn’t in one full piece lol

Great news, there’s a dedicated thread so that you can advise pilots of any strong winds or unusual weather that you have experienced. Feel free to post whatever you’ve been seeing in there.

2 Likes

Yeah It’s bad at the west coast

1 Like

It is called the English Channel, go figure…

1 Like

What’s the windy app?

It’s basically this website, which is also available as an app. It shows wind speeds at various levels, along with other parameters such as temperatures, pressures, cloud coverage etc:

1 Like

4 Likes

I got whacked by some severe winds over the North Pole yesterday while doing Vancouver-Delhi at FL330

1 Like

Out of 4 flights yesterday all 4 of them experienced turbulence over 100kt+

1 Like

Flew a Citation above north America two days ago. Oh, that poor little thing got thrown around by the weather…

1 Like

I passed through there landing at Amsterdam yesterday and i thought i was gonna overspeed with the crazy tail winds.

2 Likes