A Little Aircraft Photography Guide

Thank you! I did that. Sorry, @Airbus_737

2 Likes

Deja Vu you say?

1 Like

No that photo is definatly over saturated and the one above has shadows done wrong with its black and whites also not correct

5 Likes

I find it mildly humorous that the person posting a guide to take good photos used all other peoples for the “good” example…

3 Likes

Slightly over exposed

Great guide, @Robertine!

2 Likes

Overexposure has nothing to do with focus, as far as I know. Also, that’s just @Cameron_Stone’s editing style. Not every photo needs to be technically perfect.

7 Likes

This edit was mainly for Instagram. Instagram tends to darken photos for whatever reason, so in my edits, I generally compensate for it a bit. I have a less-edited version of it on JetPhotos, and it is properly exposed, just in case it really worries you that much.

And yes, he didn’t mention it as the world’s best edited and exposed photo, just as nicely focused. Which it is, if I do say so myself. I appreciate any constructive criticism you want to offer. ;)

4 Likes

Oh, hello, @Cameron_Stone!

@James_Browne, Indeed, I meant that the photo is very Clear and sharp, I was not talking about exposure :)

1 Like

Has @Cameron_Stone ever taken a blurry photo?
I wonder… :D

I have, I just don’t share them lol.

Well, except one. See Photo 4 in this thread, but I gave it a little leniency because it was a pretty good pan for what I’ve been able to do.

But yes, more than my fair share of out of focus and blurry. Especially shooting through windows at fast-moving planes (darn you Taipei).

1 Like

But it’s still a very good pan :)

1 Like

Wow! You roasted @Robertine I’m a tell him! lol

1 Like

Where? When? Who?

1 Like

Well it wasn’t really a roast but you know, lol

1 Like

Oh, haha :)

1 Like

Rule of Thirds is also cool.
(Or is that the same as “framing”?)

1 Like

The plane has to be centered for Jetphotos but I often use the rule of thirds :)

1 Like

There’s no such thing as doing the shadows “wrong” or editing a photo wrong at all for that matter.

Editing is all based on personal preference. There’s no right or wrong way to do it.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.