A letter to the moderators, the developers, IFATC members, and everyone else.

Good points and suggestions above.

Some considerations:

Most people in this community see IF as a simulator. But many people downloading IF see IF as a game.

The financial side of it:
If the threshold is too high/rules too complex to join live/TS1, you will get less customers. And after all the development of the sim is not free. And it’s a business.

Just some thoughts

4 Likes

I agree that the forum is part of the problem, but like someone mentioned, forum users only comprise a fraction of the player base. As I have mentioned, we need to get an educational system builto into the app itself.

2 Likes

You can voice your opinion here on the forum. If enough community support is given, the developers are bound to take us into consideration.

Given that I’m doing that very thing, I’ve noticed that I seem to have pretty significant community support early on… And I have already joined IFATC… I guess it’s safe to say I’m exploring my options for voicing my opinion.

Its more about the maturity at the age requirement. Maturity is quite lacking in my opinion when it comes to TS1. Sorry to burst your bubble. 😏

1 Like

I agree there. I would like to point out that casual server is for messing about and expert server is for strict rules and realism. Let’s make training server fit it’s title a little better: strictly for learning. By incorporating a couple violations and introducing more built-in tutorials, we can shape the training server to exactly that.

5 Likes

Sorry, your original post made it sound like you were referencing the forum too which is why I mentioned that we need to change how we respond to people.

Yes it would be nice to have a better tutorial section in the app, even simply pointing to the you tube videos. I know this has been asked before and will come with time. There’s no perfect solution though that is going to work 100% of the time.

1 Like

I certainly was talking about the forum and I agree with you whole-heartedly. What I interpreted from your first reply was that you were attempting to address a problem that didn’t really apply to what I was pointing out. I think you were trying to bring in the forum on a broader perspective whereas I was only focusing on a specific portion of it.

Finally someone says it!!! Preach!

1 Like

Well said. I fit into that category - I’m only 13 and only grade 2. Looking to move up to IFATC, but I can’t yet.

2 Likes

I was pointing out that we need to make the forum more educational to help those who have legitimate questions. We are on the same page. It will come in time. I think we are experiencing growing pains.

1 Like

I totally agree with you education must be a priority after the global update. We must have a new category Tutorial with some things simple and shortly explained (so the lazy people will read.
For Example:

When I request for takeoff should I say remaining in the pattern or departure to N/S/W/E/Straight out?

If you stay in the tower/airport airspace indicated by the outside circle around the airport in the map so you have to request a takeoff REMAINING IN THE PATTERN. Otherwhise request a departure.

1 Like

There is definitely potential there with the “quick help” being built into the app. But now you need to look into how you would motivate the unmotivated and make it required to an extent for the unruly. Just with your quick example I can already envision a simple q&a type of structure.

1 Like

I definitely agree with you and rathwr making Infinite flight as a game it should be a simulator. Whatever knowledge i have now abt planes its because of the forums. And practicallly performing in IF. I agree with whatever u said.

1 Like

I feel as though TS1 is full of people who, for lack of a better term, don’t know what they’re doing, because they see how full the server is. I’m a Grade 2 but I’m constantly on Casual because I’d rather not ruin someone else’s experience, especially if they’re on a server to learn. If people would move to casual they’d see they can have just as much fun. Especially without incurring penalties. When I see someone flying at 3,000ft and 350knts all I can think about is the violations they bring upon themselves lol

2 Likes

And that’s the goal of all of this: reduce violations, reduce ghostings, and get everyone on the correct server for their intentions.

2 Likes

The training server Should become a real training server, I mean now Everyone can control on this server, also the People that don’t want to become an IFATC. I think that if People want to control on the Training server they first should contact a team that helps them in becomming a great advanced ATC and helps them while doing ATC session and answer there question.

Sorry for my poor English but I hope everyone understand it.

1 Like

I managed to follow along easily enough. I agree with you to some extent.

1 Like

I’m with you 100 percent here. The Developers rely on this forum as an outlet for new rules/regulations. However, they never actually put it in the app to tell players who are not on this forum about said rules/regulations. These non-community players have to suffer without ever knowing there was a change. In my opinion, when the devs make a new rule the first thing that should happen is a pop-up in the app or a bulletin telling players of the change. This may help with people breaking the rules and would give those who are defiant one less leg to stand on.

4 Likes
2 Likes

@Nichalas_Petranek BAVA’s system was the basis of my suggestion :)