A Landing Competition for a Cause @ YSCB - 071800ZMAR20

A Landing Competition for a Cause

Summary: Whether you believe climate change is real, or a myth, the fact that we are harming the earth is non-debatable. According to National Geographic, there 269,000 tons of plastic on our oceans’ surfaces. Additionally, there is a long list of endangered species that need help.

We are a very large community, so we certainly can rally our love for aviation to help our planet become a better place. I have incorporated some friendly competition, so that we can have a fun time, while raising money for a great cause.

This event is being held at Canberra Airport, due to its proximity to all of the Australian bush fires. Each contestant will takeoff and fly a pattern and land.

Donations:

Donations:

• I will donate $1.00 for every attendee
  • For every $1.00 that you donate to any of the following charities (PM me for others), you will get another attempt at landing (Send me a screenshot for proof)

The Charities:

Defenders of Wildlife:

When wildlife is in danger, they can’t speak up for themselves—so we speak for them. Defenders of Wildlife deploys a wide range of tools and tactics, from policy analyses and advocacy, to litigation, innovative science and technology programs and field conservation. Every Defenders program aligns with or contributes to at least one of three broad imperatives:

• Prevent species and their habitats from becoming imperiled.
  • Protect endangered and threatened species and their habitats.
  • Restore the health of vulnerable species and their habitats.

Ocean Conservancy:

OCEAN CONSERVANCY IS WORKING WITH YOU TO PROTECT THE OCEAN FROM TODAY’S GREATEST GLOBAL CHALLENGES. TOGETHER, WE CREATE SCIENCE-BASED SOLUTIONS FOR A HEALTHY OCEAN AND THE WILDLIFE AND COMMUNITIES THAT DEPEND ON IT.

Conservation International - Protect our forests!

Earth’s climate is approaching a tipping point. Rampant worldwide warming has become a hallmark of our time, driven by a sharp increase in the release of carbon and contributing to extreme weather events — sea level rise, heat waves, droughts and floods — that threaten livelihoods and economic stability everywhere. But the world’s forests, led by Amazonia, hold the key to reversing much of this trend. A storm is brewing, but there is still time to act.

NSW Fire Service

NSW Fire Service is currently serving the rural communities of New South Wales through the tough times of all of the bush fires. These brave men and women put their life on the line to protect their communities from the tragic fires.

Contributions:

Amount Charity Username
$1 per signup NSW Fire Service @Thunderbolt35

Details

Server: Training

Airport: Canberra (YSCB)

Time: 1800Z 2020-03-07T18:00:00Z

Judges:

Username Gate Callsign
@Robertine Hangar 1
@Alaska096 Hangar 2 Alaska 096
@Siddhansh Hangar 3

ATC:

Username Position In-game Username
@Thunderbolt35 Ground
@Thunderbolt35 Tower

Gates:

Gate Slot Aircraft Username Callsign
Gate 4 Slot 1 @Starz
Gate 5 Slot 2
Gate 6 Slot 3 A319 @Islanderpilot123 N588SW
Gate 7 Slot 4 A350 @Henri_Ph FORCL
Gate 8 Slot 5 739 @United2 UVAL224
Gate 9 Slot 6 A350 @Beckham2
Gate 10 Slot 7
Gate 11 Slot 8
Gate 12 Slot 9
Gate 13 Slot 10
Grass 1 Slot 11 C750 @Balloonchaser
Grass 2 Slot 12 GA
Grass 3 Slot 13 GA
Grass 4 Slot 14 GA
Grass 5 Slot 15 GA
Solo Mode Solo Mode A321 @BravoCharlie

Please choose a GA gate if flying a GA airccraft.

Special thanks to @Siddhansh

Photos:

8 Likes

Awesome thread!! Great cause!

1 Like

Please welcome @Siddhansh, who will be our third judge. Now all we need is pilots!

1 Like

Nice event. Still around 37 fires burning around the state. A few bushfires including a large fire directly east of Canberra along the coast have been confirmed to be out after many days of drenching we had. Here’s another concern raised today regarding the amazing Australian wildlife.

Best of luck with the event.

3 Likes

I assume you won’t be able to make it then?

Anyone else?

I will put my donations in after the event.

To re-iterate, you can use any aircraft that fits.

It would be awesome if you were willing to help this great cause. For each attendee, $2 will be donated.

Sign me up. Balloonchaser - C750

2 Likes

Alright! Thank you for the signup!

I’d want to sign up sooo bad but I don’t have a subscription. This is a really nice thing you’re doing, and I salute you for it!

1 Like

If you would like, you can send in a replay ahead of time and we will judge it! Just be honest about it being your first attempt.

1 Like

Hey, I just realized that I have Canberra in the non-pro region! Can I sign up then and send you a replay later?

No worries mate, I promise I’ll be honest!

2 Likes

Sure. Just be honest that it was your first attempt.

1 Like

Thanks very much!

1 Like

I’d like to fly the Airbus A321 using the Dragonair livery!

1 Like

Ok. I will add you.

1 Like

Put me on gate 6. I’ll fly an a319, easyjet livery. Call sign=N588SW

1 Like

I just added you. Thanks for signing up!

Even though I suck at landing. I’ll come to support the cause

2 Likes