A.I. Air Traffic Control

Okay, first of all, I don’t want to get controllers out of the game. I just find it boring approaching an airport that only has a UNICOM frequency. Some research would have to be done beforehand, such as finding airports that actually are controlled (this would match real world ATC conditions). When a controller wants to enter the game, they will simply take the place of the AI. I think that it could be a cool idea. Please let me know if this is a duplicate so I can take it down.

@pilotboy

It would be a huge undertaking to get it right I’d imagine. I would be happy if they did, but I do not believe it is anywhere near the top of their list. But nonetheless, a good idea if done properly.

2 Likes

I agree. It would take a lot of work.

1 Like

Its been discussed before and previous topics have been closed. This a quote from Marc regarding it:

" Programming such a think will most likely take a lot of time and it still will have major flaws since it won’t be able to put all variables into consideration."

3 Likes

I’m not sure what you’re getting at. What is the AI?

2 Likes

I assume for training server

1 Like

It could be implemented in TS-ES, but they could test it in TS.

1 Like

I mean, FSX and P3D can do it pretty well. So it is possible to do something decent but it would take a load of time.

1 Like

Ahh, I see now. You’re proposing an automated system until a controller comes in and takes over. I’m afraid we’re too far out, for that right now.

2 Likes

Yes. I think that is very low on a priority list, but it might be a cool feature for the future.

1 Like

I agree. Maybe you can make a Features vote for this.

2 Likes

Have a look at what Chris said

1 Like

I am sure if AI Air Traffic was possible, then we would use that at airports in real life, but there are so many factors and variables involved in Air Traffic that make it near impossible. Cool idea though! :)

This makes expert server more enjoyable cause anywhere I want to fly ATC isn’t présent maybe if we had no ATC airports on AI it would be enjoyable.

Hey bro, you’ve commented on more than 10 features posts within the last 20 minutes… Many of which haven’t been active for weeks or months at a time.

It’s great that your contributing to the community, but perhaps instead of “we need this” or “vote for this”, you could use some of your own votes to help boost the features you want. It can get annoying to have so many topics bumped for no real reason 🙂

4 Likes

oof okay. I ran out of votes that’s why

This needs to be brought up again. For now, this won’t happen.

1 Like

On expert server people listen though, it could work