A Huge Safety Issue Concerning the 737 MAX Series

No problem on the length! Also welcome to forums! Thank you for the info on the flight too!

well thank you thank you!! take that “flight info” you thanked me for, with a grain of salt lol lord knows early on, details get fuzzy or misreported… its just my understanding of them thus far 😁 thinkin that cvr will fill in alotttt of gaps & answers, hopin they find that bad boy soon. surprised they havnt picked up the ping again with all the resources & equipment out there

I wouldn’t be worried about the 737 MAX. Normal 737s have had crashes due to mechanical issues before now, but did customers ever stop buying them? the answer is no :)

And if the plane’s computers decided to nose-dive, wouldn’t the pilots have taken any corrective action? (6,000 ft should be enough room, especially since the solution would be obvious: pull up!) Or did the aircraft become uncontrollable?

It sounds to me like pilot error has a part to play. If the plane nose dives, then pull up! All the other symptoms outlined by Boeing have checklists to troubleshoot the problem. AOA sounds like it’s part of the IRS, so if one fails there is a second one to back it up. The same goes for pitot tubes, the 737 has 8 of them I believe, so the aircraft should still be flyable if you lose one. Obviously there’s an issue here, but the pilots should be trained to deal with the situation, and most are. Pilot error should be investigated, as well as standards for the issuing of a commercial pilot’s license in some Asian countries. These kinds of things seem to happen a lot more with Asian airlines than any other…

Yeah, the normal 737 series had quite a fatal few incidents, therefore after one fatal one from the MAX series, I doubt they will ground it. But airlines will 100% teach pilots how to deal with these types of issues.As Jake just said, pilot error might be involved. But what I’m thinking, is if the AP thew the plane into a nose dive at 6,000ft, maybe they did not have time to react, or the plane did not pull up in time. We still don’t know, but we should keep an eye out for more updates.

yeah, agreed jake… think it feels like this maybe this crew just didn’t respond to the data the same way as the crew before, who managed it & landed safely. (though i think all pilots deserve the benefit of the doubt, til proven otherwise. esp an experienced crew, as this was). i just know these computer systems /auto pilot/auto throttle stuff is wayyyy technical. there can definitely be a downfall to all this fancy schmancy technology/automation, and we usually see it when pilots encounter a problem- either relying too much on the computer/auto pilot or thinkin they have 100% manual control when in all actuality, someeee of the “protections” are still engaged, and work against em. i cant wait to see if like the previous flight, it was just the captains side givin all the erroneous airspeed & AOA data- we knoethat capt gave controls over to the FO when they realized his side was accurate. im prayin if this was the case, this crew also did this… especially knowing that theres been reported issues of this on the previous 4 flights & maintnence work done on these literally just hours previous 🤔 but who knows, maybe this was the difference of a successful prev flight & non successful on this one = both sides gave bad /contradicting data… just sad… time will tell! think the max will be just fine, as well. i have full confidence boeing. p. s… the b777 is absolute perrrfection! 👌👌