A Hawaiian Morning to The City By The Bay

Today I flew from Kona to San Francisco as United 643. My family and I went to the big island for 10 days in July so Kona is the airport I’ve flown into most between the Hawaiian Islands in Infinite Flight. United 643 is the callsign for this route and I always use 643 as the flight number for my flights because of this flight. It is usually flown using the 737-900ER but today it was flown with the 757 which gave me a good excuse to use it too. My flight time was 3 hours and 59 minutes which is really short for this flight

Flight Details

Route: PHKO-KSFO / KOA-SFO
KONA to SAN FRANCISCO
Boeing 757-200
3 Hours 59 Minutes

Lined up on the 11,000 foot runway 17 Rotating At 155 knots Climbing past Mauna Kea, the tallest mountain in the world, look it up if you don’t believe me 😉 Flying by the Kohala Coast, filled with many resorts and golf courses One last view of the Hawaiian Islands as we fly by Maui Not much to look at for the 3 and a half hours over water besides the moon and the whitecaps of the Pacific Ocean Approaching the California Coast Flying past the Golden Gate Bridge and Historic San Francisco The salt flats on the bay as we turn toward runway 28R Touching down as a TBM taxies off the parallel

Please leave a comment and let me know your favorite photo!

42 Likes

The scenery in San Francisco is definitely my favorite! Very good looking pictures.

1 Like

Great showcase of scenery and 757 beauty! Especially love the moonshot

1 Like

Hawaiiiii❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️! Love the photos

1 Like

Quick little fun fact
The Callsign United 643 is used with 2 routes in real life,
Kona to San Francisco as I stated and
San Francisco to Philadelphia which is ironic because that is my home airport

I love flying into SFO because of the scenery, it’s amazing!

1 Like

I think you mean 757 🤔

1 Like

Oops…I think I’ve seen far too many A350 topics recently it’s just forced into my Brain haha

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love the moon shot!

1 Like

Who doesn’t love Hawaii!

1 Like

This looks like quote a fun route to fly! I’ll try it when I have more time

1 Like

Really nice shots! You must’ve been very motivated to fly the 757… I hope it wasn’t too bad. 😉

1 Like

Thanks! I love daytime moonshots even more than night moonshots

1 Like

It’s definitely one of my favorites!

Beautiful photos, hope you had a great time on this flight!

1 Like

The 757 is my favorite plane so I have to deal with the bad physics, but it’s still fun to fly!

1 Like

Thank you! I had a really fun flight because I always love flying Hawaii to California routes

Nice pictures!

I’ll have to try a Hawaii to California or Hawaii to Alaska route sometime.

1 Like

You should! Hawaii to California takes 4-5.5 hours and takes about 6 to Alaska

Nice pics. I would fly the 757 more but it sucks and is just on the verge of unairworthy in my eyes. But that’s me

1 Like