A good V/S for landing

Hey IFC, what is a good vertical speed for buttery landings? Mine have all been a little hard…
Thanks!😀

2 Likes

The best possible range is 0 to -100.

But let’s see what other people say, they might say different, as i’m… not the best at landing (I land at -3200 to -4000 lmao)

1 Like

Under -250 is grease.

1 Like

-0.0000000000000001VS touchdown on the rwy.
#SettingTheStandards

5 Likes

When you set high expectations not even yourself can’t meet lol

(its a joke btw)

2 Likes

I’d call it a butter under -120

2 Likes

Anything under 200 fpm is good in my book.

@anon41771314 You need to seek medical attention. (As do your passengers, probably)

9 Likes

I really do. I’m pretty sure i’ve put over 200 aircraft out of service from my landings by now.

3 Likes

Remind me to never lend you a plane.

5 Likes

Lmao thanks guys!😉

1 Like

People say that -250 under is smooth… but I’m not so sure about that. -250 landings for me make me sad. That’s probably because I average about -80. Yes I’m flexing.

Then again, I hand fly all departures to a minimum of 5,000 so I have good experience with flying the plane.

For my standards, anything below -100 is smooth. Under -200 is fine. Under -300 is meh and above -300 is bad 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have high standards.

4 Likes

I’m assuming you mean butter, but autocorrect has a mind of its own sometimes 🙃

4 Likes

Thanks guys!

How do you manage that🤨 You ever try landing an A388 just under its MTOW you’re lucky not to go drifting 😂 But in all honest, there’s plenty of different answers, whatever works for you really, just don’t be @anon41771314 and decommission the IF fleet;)

2 Likes

Also a pro-tip if you ever make a #screenshots-and-videos topic that has the words butter in it, ignore the people who is going to try and convince you that it’s grease. They are just salty they can’t land like us pros 😎

1 Like

Ok… lmao

Lets be sure not get into a competition on wether the proper phrase is butter or grease.
My ranges in ft/s
Ooh yeah: -50 and below
Smooth: -100 to -50
Decent: -200 to -100
Needs work: above -200

I would say anything above -200 to -100 Vs is a good landing then -100 to 0 is butter which I usually average -80 vs.

If I land anything over -100 I am depression

I landed with -6 VS once but it wasn’t butter :/ bloody crosswind