A Friendly Reminder To All

We are a community from all over the world, with different religions, and cultures. During a rough time for all, we need to be mindful of our words. Something that is said may not seem offensive to you but can be to someone else. We all need to come together share our similarities not our differences.

Peace,
-JH

28 Likes

I agree here, no matter what’s going on in the world right now, we all can unite under one thing, our passion and love for aviation. It’s so incredible to be part of a community with all aviators alike and I think it’s really incredible to be able to make online Internet friends that still like the same thing that I do, even though a lot of my friends from home don’t. I’ve gotten to learn things that I probably wouldn’t have known before. Like who the heck knew that I would find @Z-Tube here?!? I literally played golf with him(and go to the same camp) and didn’t know he liked aviation until I met him here and we both realized who we were. Not to mention, we figured this out after we were both staff at LYVA. I think this topic is a great place for us all to remember our love for aviation, how it started, and how no matter what our disagreements or, we could still come together under our love for aviation.

12 Likes

I agree. I had only met one person who liked aviation before I joined the IFC, and I met so many people here. We might have different ages, religions, and everything. Let’s remember what we’re all in the IFC for, and that’s our love for aviation.

4 Likes

We need to learn to be respectful of one another.

4 Likes

I agree. However, some people take jokes too seriously and make the IFC feel even less friendly and welcoming. So it’s important not to go to extremes under normal circumstances. After all, we are here for one thing - our shared love of aviation.

4 Likes

Very true. Think about how hard it is to find a person in your age group, your region that loves aviation. The IFC acts as a ‘bridge’ or a link between all those people, enabling them to connect through aviation.

There is no religion or race barrier, everyone should be treated fairly with respect. At the end of the day, we are here to make a positive impact, not to create enemies and distort or separate the relationship, the people here.

3 Likes

I have to agree, it’s also shocking how much we happen to call people out in public, many circumstances in which, if you have nothing good to say, don’t say anything.

I’ll say it one more time:

If you have nothing good to say, don’t say anything.

Good, as in…

• Constructive Criticism
  • Compliments
  • Help
  • Motivation
  • Praise

If your words don’t belong in any of these 5, keep them to yourself, or if it happens to be “useful”, in a way, PM the person.

6 Likes

One more thing, flag any offensive or spam posts. This helps keep the forum to its original purpose.

Also, we don’t need to pepper spray jokes so much, if something isn’t funny to you, just PM the person, or ignore it.

Even if 5 people think the joke’s horrible, you’d be putting down someone who’s genuinely chill.

1 Like

I think it’s worth mentioning that regardless of the time and the violent events happening around the world, we should be using this mindset to be friendly to everyone. Just because large events come up doesn’t mean it has to be used only now to be friendly to others. It’s a good reminder though especially with what’s happening around the world. Well said.

1 Like

Yep, and by saying inappropriate content should be brought to the moderators’ attention, by no means do I mean flag battles. Keep the whole thing peaceful. We are not trying to get revenge at others.

As Anton said to IFATC, report people not because you can, just because you have to. Same goes with flags.

2 Likes

Can’t agree more on how often these happen, it’s shocking.

1 Like

Agreed! Closed as not directly relevant to conversations about Infinite Flight, but the positive topic is nice to see.

19 Likes