A First Time Tegucigalpa Approach

Hello guys, today I have learned how to do a Tegucigalpa approach because I will be flying to Tegucigalpa for the first time starting today and will arrive there tomorrow with a perfect approach RWY 2 in order to not mess up my flight. So check out this video.

American Airlines
Aircraft: Airbus A320-200
Toncontin Airport
Server: Solo

19 Likes

I will be going there for sure tomorrow from US on 757.
It’s actually called Toncontín International Airport.

1 Like

This is an amazing approach definitely worth trying, and such an amazing buttery landing (better than I could do)

@tjb0709 you are correct, the airport is called Tegucigalpa Toncontín Int’l Airport

2 Likes

i tried doing it but had terrible crosswinds. has to go around second time i was good on approach and centreline just landed too late. i’ll practice more b4 the big show tmr. do you reckon i could fly to toncontin without it being full around 1500 zulu

1 Like

Sorry but the name is incorrect. The official name is either Toncontín International Airport or Teniente Coronel Hernán Acosta Mejía Airport (Military).
Tegucigalpa is the nearest city.
Sadly this airport will cease to exit as a new one is being build/planned.

2 Likes

Very nice landing

2 Likes

Well idk but I will be flying to ToncontĂ­n Airport at 1500Z tomorrow

1 Like

Can I join you? Where are you departing from?
I want to better your butter landing lol

1 Like

Nice landing

Yep, you can join me for a flight to Tegucigalpa. Well I will be flying the American Airlines Airbus A320-200 Flight 961 from Miami at 2020-12-24T12:30:00Z @tjb0709 and you can fly the B757 American Airlines

1 Like

same. i’ve tried to approach and failed twice it’s v hard. one time i turned too late second i was too high and turned too early.

1 Like

Wow man Wow LOL! Well these pilots got them expert skills cuz these pilots could’ve killed them passengers onboard if they were not experts and trust me, a big drop like they are gonna touch the ground instead of the runway

Awesome! Thats a very challenging approach. I tried this approach as well right after I saw this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_z5HtME9n8

And just a little tip. Try and swing a little wider, you can see the ledge right before the runway, you need to be right over it. And lastly, get alot lower. This will help you not have as hard of a landing and use less brake and reverse.

24 seconds in the video, you can see the plane right over the ledge. Once it passes you can also tell how low the plane gets. These are just tips, you can totally fly this approach as your discretion ;)

Have a nice flight!

1 Like

@nolan_brant12, thank you for those tips I will try that Toncontin Approach when I finish helping my grandma with her zoom meeting

1 Like

I made a very cool topic about this: Tricky Approach Tutorial Series (Toncontin)

But glad to see you practicing at TGU! Toncontin is very tricky

1 Like

For sure and happy to help! I see that you are majoring in music? I play the cello, hbu?

1 Like

Wow , what an approach ! Well done video,

1 Like

I played French Horn, Trumpet and Mellophone when I was in high school

1 Like

Awesome! Thats super cool!

1 Like