A few questions

I am new to IFC, and I have some questions and hopefully you guys can help.

I am not able to create feature requests or make posts about real world aviation or events, can someone explain this?

I have heard the CRJ was resently reworked but I only have the CRJ-700 and the old 200. Wasn’t the CRJ-200 also going to be reworked and the 900 and 1000 added

The moon in IF. In the sim and there is no moon up, it’s dark the way it looks in real life with no moon. In the sim when there is a moon, it lights up the whole sky a lot brighter and you can see everything like it’s day. Is this realistic? In real life when there is a new moon I only notice a slight difference in light in real life.

Welcome man!
So you need be a Trust Level 2 member, as a new member it takes time to get to that point! So basically if you comment on things, and like different post you’ll get there!

The 900 and -1000 series are still being worked on, that’s coming on the next launch!

2 Likes

Adding onto what Mark said, there are a few helpful links to assist you.

Hello & welcome to the Infinite Flight Community. In order to post in the #live:va, #live:events, #features and #real-world-aviation categories, you must be Trust Level 2 (TL2).

Keep reading, posting, liking, and following the guidelines and you’ll get there in no time! Also, be sure to search for any similar existing posts before making your own, in order to avoid making a duplicate topic.

Below are some helpful links to get you started. This includes some information regarding trust levels and more importantly the how this forum works. We ask that you please take a look through this important material and understand these posts. A lot of hard works was put into these topics for new members like you. We hope you enjoy your experience here with us. Please don’t hesitate to message a moderator if you have any questions. And last but not least, have fun! Thanks the help and understanding!

Discourse Trust Level Information

A Beginners Guide to the Forums

Welcome to the Infinite Flight Community

General Forum Guidelines

1 Like

Someone else can link the topics for your other questions but the other variants of the CRJ are not ready to be released yet so wait for those.

Also when there is a full moon in real life it’s pretty much just like IF where in the sky and ground is all lit up…

Those are still undergoing testing by the beta testing team. Keep an eye on the #announcements category as all official announcements will be made here through FDS developers/staff members.

The moon in IF carries the same moon phases that you would see in real life. If you stick your head outside tonight, you’d likely see that the moon is on track to become a full moon here in a few days. This will be mirrored in IF as well. As for the lighting, this is a sim. Not everything will be perfect and down to a “T”. The developers try hard and put an enormous amount of work and effort to try to make the lighting as close to the real thing.

Natural night lighting (different than taxiway or aircraft lights) has specifically been noted by developers as something that they’d like to improve on. Over time things will continue to improve. It takes a little patience and feedback from the community to make things become a reality. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thanks for your help, 🙂 moderators can close

1 Like

Let us know if you have further questions. There are no dumb questions. 🙂