Hello! As VAs and IF grow, the IFVARB felt it necessary to plug some holes, make note of some things and welcome some new board members.
We are delighted to welcome some new board members to our ever growing team! Joining our existing staff will be @Insertusernamehere, @mbmhwue148 and @Yunkeru. They will be great additions to our already efficient staff. In addtion, @Chris_S will assume a Supervising role in the team.
Admins: @Joshfly8, @Iceblue, @Danman, @Deercrusher and @Bluepanda900
Supervisors: @Carson, @Levet and @Chris_S
Members: @Dush19, @Laura_Murphy, @brunocr98, @Ksisky, @ewanfleming, @Insertusernamehere, @Yunkeru, @Damian and @mbmhwue148
Unlike other organizations, we do not usually announce when we need new members, or even have specific staff roles that need filling. Many times, we will contact users on the forum based on maturity, past history and past VA relations. Private messaging a staff member on the Board will not increase your chances of joining us, rather decrease them.
The Use of Google Forms
Due to a recent incident, the Board would like to discourage the use of Google Forms as a recruiting service. This may come as a surprise due to the professionalism level it brings to a VA’s website, but there is an issue which makes it difficult for us to deal with trolling incidents effectively. Google Forms does not collect the IPs of users. This is an issue because moderators on the Community can track users’ IP addresses, and when they do not have access to such IP, it makes it very difficult for them to track users who troll and take action.
Legality of VAs
Our last topic of discussion will be the legal aspects of owning a real-world Based VA. As IF grows, RW Airlines will come to find VAs. Here are a few steps you can take with your VA to ensure your VA does not get shut down by its real-world counterpart.
- Contact media relations of the airline asking for permission, be sure to state that it is free. Keep whatever response you get.
- Include a popup or something very prominent that says “This is a virtual airline, click here if you are looking for [insert RW Website here]”. A loading page that says “You are about to enter [Insert Airline Here] VA. The VA is not affiliated with [Insert Airline here]”
- Do not use Real World logos (even if you stick VA at the end) without the permission of the airline.
- Ensure that all communication with the Real World airline is kept professional and free of grammatical and spelling errors. Remember, you’re representing all of us when you write to an airline!
- Permission from the real-world airline is not mandatory at this point, though the board does recommend it to ensure smooth operation.
Bottom line, make sure the RW airline knows your VA is not for commercial use.